Tax Schedule TXF file availability/location

JayH6
JayH6 Member ✭✭
After saving the Tax Schedule TXF file where do I go in Quicken to find it to import it into my 2020 tax software? The "Save In" selections in Quicken's Save Report window are very limited.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Frankx I don't see "Planning" in my Quicken menus.
    Okay - then instead:

1) Go to: "Reports" > "Tax" > "Tax Schedule";
    2) Change the "Year" drop down to "2020" (in this case);
    3) Click on the "Export Report Icon on Top Right;
    4) Choose "Report to tax export file";
    5) Choose your favorite location and hit "Save"

That will produce your *.txf file.  Make sure you note the location you save it to.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Have you tried doing a C-drive search for *.txf in Windows Explorer?  That's what I had to do when I couldn't find it in my Quicken folder and sub-folders.  I can't remember where it was saved but it was not where I would have expected Quicken to save it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Jay E Holderer

It is easy enough to simply create a new file from Quicken.

1) Go to: "Planning" > "Tax Center";
    2) On the far right hand side at the bottom click on the :Show Tax Schedule Report" button;
    3) Change the "Year" drop down to "2020" (in this case);
    4) Click on the "Export Report Icon on Top Right;
    5) Choose "Report to tax export file";
    6) Choose your favorite location and hit "Save"

That will produce your *.txf file.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JayH6
    JayH6 Member ✭✭
  • JayH6
    JayH6 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Boatnmaniac, that sounded like it would have worked but what I saved didn't show up in the results. Thanks you .
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021
    Hello @Jay E Holderer,
    If you don't see the Planning tab, it's possible you may not have it preselected to display with the other tabs. To check, please navigate to View > Tabs to show > Select Planning

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Okay - then instead:

1) Go to: "Reports" > "Tax" > "Tax Schedule";
    2) Change the "Year" drop down to "2020" (in this case);
    3) Click on the "Export Report Icon on Top Right;
    4) Choose "Report to tax export file";
    5) Choose your favorite location and hit "Save"

That will produce your *.txf file.  Make sure you note the location you save it to.

Frankx

• JayH6
    JayH6 Member ✭✭
    Frankx. Thank you, that worked. I really appreciate it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jay E Holderer

Just glad I was able to help.  Take care!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.