Incorrect Negative Balance on Account

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: I'm getting a "online service unavailable error for 2 days.

Comments

• CeCe
    CeCe Member ✭✭
    I was getting this same error all last week. I tried these steps and it corrected the download problem. However, then it downloaded an account I already have in my account list. There is usually a popup window that asks if you want to connect to an existing account or not. That did not come up so I was not given the option. The account was created during download. Knowing it was an extra/duplicate account, I deleted it. Went back to my original existing account and disconnected the online services. Then reconnected it. Did the download again and now my transactions show as a negative balance even though I know it is not a negative balance (checked my bank to confirm and it's not). I checked everything.....unreconciled transactions, duplicate transactions, recent transactions. I cannot find what is making this happen but believe this is connected to this issue. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @CeCe,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

What is the account type of the account in question (checking, savings, etc.)? Also, since you did not find any duplicated or missing transactions, have you checked the Starting Balance of the account to see if it seems like that may have been changed? And could please provide the name of the financial institution this account is connected to as well as the connection method you are using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.