Downloading "pending" transactions from Wells Fargo

Is there a way to download "pending" transactions from Wells Fargo checking accounts?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Alferber

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Quicken does not download any pending transactions with any FI. Unfortunately there is no way to change that currently as well. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Alferber

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Quicken does not download any pending transactions with any FI. Unfortunately there is no way to change that currently as well. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Alferber
    Alferber Member
    No worries. Thanks. :)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken downloads whatever the financial institution provides to download; there is no discretionary control over what types of transactions to download or not.

Many people enter transactions manually and then allow the eventual download to match with the previously-entered manual transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    Quicken downloads whatever the financial institution provides to download; there is no discretionary control over what types of transactions to download or not.

Many people enter transactions manually and then allow the eventual download to match with the previously-entered manual transaction.
    Even though this is true it doesn't tell the whole story.
    Quicken Inc/Intuit definitely tell financial institutions NOT to send pending transactions.  Now sometimes they "violate" that instruction and there isn't anything in Quicken that will prevent it, but it almost always leads to problems, as many will not attest to in other threads going on about "duplicate transactions".

The first problem is that not all pending transactions go through and there isn't anything in Quicken that can "remove a downloaded transaction".

The second problem that comes to life is that they financial institutions have different information for the pending and the final transaction, like in the payee and memo.  Since the unique Id that the financial institution provides Quicken to filter out duplicate transactions is almost always in someway based on this information that results in a different unique Id for the pending and the final posting transaction.  Which of course results in duplicate transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.