How do you change the Account Holder address when paying using Quicken Check Pay

Options
The issue outlined at the link below is exactly what I am inquiring about.
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884127/how-do-you-change-my-address-for-online-bill-pay

Once logged in I could not find this thread so I have posted this question.

The question is how to modify the accountholder's address that is printed on the check using Quicken Check Pay?

I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and their answer was that it could not be changed.

If you will note that the Edit Payment Account screen shot posted at the link referenced above is designed to edit/strore the Accountholder's address, which I assume is the address that should print on the check.

After updating the address I sent a "test" check to myself . In the top portion (voucher) of the sheet, which includes the check, the accountholder's address is correct, but on the check itself the address remains unchanged and of course not correct.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @WAW

Thank you for the response and clarification. This issue has been confirmed as a bug and an official ticket has been created.

I do not have an ETA I can provide at this time but will be back with an update as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue to us!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You lost me.
    The information I provided in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7884127/how-do-you-change-my-address-for-online-bill-pay helped you solve the problem with the account holder's address needing an update. Correct?
    Now, to test, you sent a Check Pay check to yourself and it was still addressed to the old address (Payee mailing address on the check)?
    The Payee address for a Check Pay check is stored in a separate place and can be edited from the dialog you use to create a new register "Pay" transaction:
    Use the Edit Address button to change a Check Pay payee's address.
    If you did all that and there's still a problem, please show us an image snapshot of what you're seeing.

BTW, your address may also float around in the Quicken Address Book, in case you ever want to print a paper check and mail it to your address.

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• WAW
    WAW Member ✭✭
    Options
    I apologize for losing you. the image i posted below shows the results of sending a check via Quicken Check Pay. In the afore mentioned trouble "How do you change my address for Online Bill Pay" mentioned by MikeBlantz M The discussion was focused on the "Edit Payment Account" window within Quicken. Specifically the bottom half of the window where the Accountholder information is listed.

This information shows who the payment is coming FROM (Accountholder). The information I have entered here is correct. Nonetheless if you look at the check sent via Quicken Check Pay you will see two locations where the Accountholder information is displayed. One on the voucher and the other on the check. The information of the check is NOT correct.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the Check Pay check image. Now I understand the situation. I had never seen an actual Check Pay check before.
    Let me see if I can find someone at Quicken who can take this situation a step closer towards resolution. I'm just a regular Quicken user and frequent flyer in the Community. This is above my pay grade ... so to speak ...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @WAW

Thank you for including the screenshot. To clarify, did you mail this check to yourself as a test?

If so, can you please double-check what address is being used for the Payee? The address on the Check should match the payee.

This information is located under Tools > Online Payee List. Please let me know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @WAW

This issue is currently being investigated further. A troubleshooting step to try to get the address updated would be to disable and enabled Check Pay. 

To disable Check to Pay please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab chooses the gear icon and select "Manage Payment Accounts." There will be an option to disable the account.

Please note that this will require new micro-deposits to be processed to re-enable Check Pay.

Please let us know how it goes if you decide to move forward with this step.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • WAW
    WAW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Tyka,

Reading the two post that you have made here. I want to emphasize that the address that is at issue here is NOT who the payment is being sent to but instead who the payment is coming from, the Accountholder.

Please see the image above and note that the address on the check from whom the payment is coming from does not match the address on top of the voucher which is also whom the payment is coming from. Again please see the image posted above.

Since the address at the top of the voucher did change I suspect that disabling and then reenabling Check Pay will not result in the desired effect. Furthermore as FYI I suspect that this address is carried over from the previous version "Quicken Billpay"

Yes I sent this check to myself as a test. The check was sent from a business entity the name of which is on the voucher and the check.

I noticed this wrong address on the check as I viewed the returned checks with the bank statements.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @WAW

Thank you for the response and clarification. This issue has been confirmed as a bug and an official ticket has been created.

I do not have an ETA I can provide at this time but will be back with an update as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue to us!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.