Caseware - Trial balance - Assign numbers - mapping

Hello ,

I need to import my trial balance into the Caseware program.

Has anyone been able to work with these programs before?

In more detail:
I need a trial balance, what should I do?
How to proceed with the mapping? More precisely how to assign numbers for several accounts and for several Quicken files?

Thank you for your help

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken does not have a traditional trial balance report.  The closest you can get is one of the balance sheet reports.  You could export that to Excel an rearrange things if the presentation is important.  I've not used Caseware so I'm at a loss as to how, or even if, you'd go about importing that information into the program.
    Quicken has some export capability in the form or QXF or QIF files, maybe see if Caseware will import those?
  • In reply to Mr. Young: Thank you for clarifying that Quicken doesn't have a trial balance report. As to why that is, it's just mystifying, but thank you for helping me understand that before I start trying to use Quicken as a fully-functional platform.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:
    Quicken has some export capability in the form or QXF or QIF files, maybe see if Caseware will import those?
    QXF is a binary propriety format so it is doubtful and anything other than Quicken can make use of it. 

In reply to Mr. Young: Thank you for clarifying that Quicken doesn't have a trial balance report. As to why that is, it's just mystifying, but thank you for helping me understand that before I start trying to use Quicken as a fully-functional platform.
    Quicken is a personal finance program.  Its use case isn't geared to businesses that aren't "Schedule C" (and maybe Schedule F).  It is certainly not an "accounting/CPA" kind of program.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW

At one time there was a very useful FAQ or similar post that explained Quicken in accounting terminology, and its similarities and differences vs business accounting software.

I looked today but could not find it. Do know where it is located on the forum? A reference would probably be useful here. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Harman Sorry I'm pretty bad at searching of here or keeping track of the FAQs.  Maybe one of the other SuperUser can find it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.