CC-502 error when trying to download from CITI Bank?

lakemann
lakemann Member ✭✭
Have been getting it for 3 days.

Best Answers

• Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, I tried resetting my account and now the download is deactivated for my accounts. Hoping for some resolution quickly.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Having same issue for a few days as well; I have reported to quicken via Report a Problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue to the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing the CC-502 error please see the steps outlined here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting and a review of the log files to determine the cause of the error.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support can perform in-depth troubleshooting as well as create a help ticket this will help gauge the impact an issue is having and help get the problem investigated further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order for us to further investigate and work towards resolving this error, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem to submit your log files. Alternatively, you can also contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents collect your log files. 

The more log files we receive, the better! Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community.

Unfortunately, Citibank is currently blocking aggregation resulting in various errors and we advise that users allow another 24 to 48 hrs for connections to be resumed.

While the issue remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates. If you wish to be notified as updates become available, please bookmark the alert by clicking the yellow star on the top-right. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

Answers

• Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, I tried resetting my account and now the download is deactivated for my accounts. Hoping for some resolution quickly.
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    I am getting the message: "opps, there is a connection problem CC-502" I tried to reset the account and not the accounts are deactivated. What do I do now?
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    Have you reported to quicken
  • Phil C
    Phil C Member ✭✭
    I am getting CC-502 errors today try to connect to my CITI accounts!
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able download from Citibank for a few days. Is this a known issue? I have attempted to reset my account and it is now deactivated. Is there something I need to do on my end?
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    Having same issue for a few days as well; I have reported to quicken via Report a Problem.
  • tralfamadore
    tralfamadore Member ✭✭✭
    Same here with downloading from Citi but haven't deactivated anything yet.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    Some accounts work, but others report a CC-502 when connecting to Citibank. Have anyone see it lately? It started couple days ago. Worked fine before.
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    My Citibank accounts are hitting CC-502 errors today.
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    How do we bring this to the attention of Quicken Support? The phone wait is intolerable.
  • Garoo
    Garoo Member ✭✭
    Same problem. No solution found
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    I just managed to get through to support. Quicken support is aware of the issue with Citibank. The tech agent said a 502 error usually has one of two causes - either Citibank is down for maintenance or they've got a problem. I was told wait 24 hours to see if Citibank resolves the issue. If it still persists tomorrow then I should call back so the matter can be escalated within Quicken to bring the issue to Citibank's attention. (Why is it always the other guy's problem????)
  • FranklinFarr
    FranklinFarr Member ✭✭
    Im having the same issue. Its been 3 days and still cannot download transactions for all my Citi accounts (checking, savings and credit card).
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    Perhaps someone from Quicken will answer this for us.
  • Q54
    Q54 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    [Removed-Unhelpful]
  • CBrashear
    CBrashear Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem, it's been 3 days.
  • LSR19
    LSR19 Member ✭✭
    You should report to support so they can escalate it.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    It would be nice if this was listed as a known issue proactively if Quicken support is aware of it.
  • Michael_J
    Michael_J Member ✭✭
    I found the answer to my CC-502 error.
    I went into my Citi website account and turned OFF the security text alert in order to log in to my account. I then logged in on the website again. It asked me to now update my security questions and I did so.
    Logged out and back in.
    I went into Quicken and Setup my Citi account. It now allows me to download transactions again.
    I then went back to my Citi website account and turned ON the text alert for logging in.
    I then went back to Quicken and I can still connect as normal. I tried this a few times. One time it did ask me to answer the security questions from within Quicken. I did that and it has not asked me again.
    My problem is solved.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    I could not find what Michael above was talking about but I was able to fix this issue by going to the Citi.com site and signing on. Once in under Profile in the top right then more settings. Under Security in the middle, click Manage Desktop Apps and follow the directions. I had to Update Now twice in Quicken for it to take but now it is working again.
  • JR M
    JR M Member ✭✭
    I tried using Senergy123's suggest about "Manage Desktop Apps," but now I'm getting CC-506 errors.
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    I have been getting this same error for the past days too.
  • jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Going on three days as of this morning.
  • tfhoughton
    tfhoughton Member ✭✭✭
    I have been experiencing the CC502 error for the last several days. Any thoughts on when the issue will be addressed?
    Thx
  • jondio
    jondio Member ✭✭
    :s I have the same problem, it's been 5 days.
  • vervalin
    vervalin Member
    FWIW, when this same issue happened last year in January 2020, it took months to fix. Not saying that will be the case this time, but be prepared.
  • Same problem here.
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    I went on to the support site and chatted with someone from Quicken. It's a known issue the same with several other banks. Apparently the banks are shutting off access while processing all the stimulus deposits. Hopefully we will see it resolve very soon.
This discussion has been closed.