After syncing with Quicken cloud, I have random duplicate entries in my register! Help!

Options
Glo
Glo Member ✭✭
After syncing with Quicken cloud, I have random duplicate entries in my register! It takes hours to go through all my transactions and deleting the duplicates. Help! :/

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @Glo

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

If you have not done so already, I would attempt to restore a backup saved prior to the duplication occurring. Once in the restored file are you able to successfully sync or does the duplication reoccur?

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Glo
    Glo Member ✭✭
    Options
    So far, I think all is working well. However, is it possible to sync to the Cloud when using different PC's? I work from 3 different areas with 3 different PC's using the same Quicken account. Can I work from one of these areas at a time, sync, then sync from a different PC to get that information used at the previous PC?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glo said:
    So far, I think all is working well. However, is it possible to sync to the Cloud when using different PC's? I work from 3 different areas with 3 different PC's using the same Quicken account. Can I work from one of these areas at a time, sync, then sync from a different PC to get that information used at the previous PC?
    You are asking for troubles if you try to "sync from Desktop to cloud to other Desktop".

Quicken's sync wasn't designed for this.

There is a basic assumption.  There is "one data file" per "cloud data set".

Let's imagine that we start out with a data file that is synced to the cloud data set.
    Now you copy your data file to another machine.

There is a unique Id in that data file that connects it with the cloud data set.  So no matter what machine you sync from the cloud server is going to think it is the same data file.

Now you delete some transactions in the Desktop data file and sync.  At this point that data file and the cloud data set are in sync, but the data file on the other machine isn't.

Now you get on the other machine and maybe add transactions/delete ... and then sync.  As far as the cloud server is concerned it believes it is still dealing with the data file/sync state of the one on the first machine, and clearly it isn't in the second data file.

This going to lead to all kinds of sync problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S.  Just to be clear it is up to the user to ensure that the "Desktop sync state" states the same.

As in this would work.

You can things in the first Desktop data file and sync.
    You copy that data tile to the second Desktop data file (overwriting it) before using it.
    Now both data files start in sync with the cloud data set.
    And of course when switching back to the first Desktop data file you need to copy the data file form the second computer first.

And to make this even more of a challenge it known that you shouldn't be syncing the data file(s) that you are opening in Quicken with a "cloud folder" like Dropbox/OneDrive.  If you use these you copy the data file you are going to open in and out of the "cloud folder"
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.