Inconsistency with Bills & Income Calendar view

Options
maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
When opening the Calendar view (<Bills & Income> <Bills, Income, & Transfers>) with <Calendar view> <All Bills> options selected, the daily balances include the selected calendar accounts AND the property and Debt balance total. This occurs even though the accounts are deselected in the options <Select Calendar accounts> from the Show Full Calendar.

However, immediately upon clicking the Show Full Calendar button from the bottom right corner of the calendar view window, the daily balances update to represent the selected accounts to include. The selected accounts daily balance will remain shown correctly until you move to a different tab (Home, Spending, etc). When you reopen the Bills & Income tab with the Calendar View, you must again select the Show Full Calendar to reset the daily balances to the selected calendar accounts.

Desired operation:
The daily balances represented by the Calendar view relate to the selected calendar accounts as selected in the options AT ALL TIMES without having to click on the Show Full Calendar button of the Calendar View

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @maxwelwp

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • maxwelwp
    Options
    Thank you for the response.

I did complete the validate & repair as suggested. It found a mortgage and auto loan acct with the 0/0/1990 opening balance that quicken sometimes automatically applies if no balance is entered when opening and removed them. Found some damaged early 2020 payment received entries in an auto loan that appeared after quicken removed the transaction registers from loans.

Other than that nothing obvious that would affect the calendar operation.

Calendar still operates as noted in initial post after the validate & repair operation.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @maxwelwp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables by following the steps below. Then, try to Validate your data file again, but in the copied file. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               If Quicken reports an error when creating the Copy file, then hold Ctrl + Shift while you click File > File Operations > Copy. When prompted to "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click Yes. Note: Only do this if you receive an error as this may cause some data loss.
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• maxwelwp
    Options
    Thank you for the additional steps to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue.

When displaying the Calendar view, the running balance still represents the Banking + Property & Debt account total.
    Immediately upon clicking the Show Full Calendar, the running balance of both the Calendar View and Full Calendar popup window update and correctly show ONLY the running balance of the Banking accounts as selected in the options menu <Select calendar accounts> in the Full Calendar window.

Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for trying those steps, though I am sorry to hear the issue still persists.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.