CC-502 error when trying to download from CITI Bank?

Answers

• isacks
    isacks Member
    I have been getting a 502 issue with Citibank for 5 days now.
  • Hoberg
    Hoberg Member ✭✭
    I just tried the process andyf123 suggested and it seems to have fixed this issue. I ran the update twice w/o error. Balances are correct in Quicken and on the website.
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    Receiving cc-502 and cc-506 for the last 3 days trying to update Citibank accounts.
  • janna99
    janna99 Member
    Same here. Tried all the steps I could find online (e.g., update quicken, deactivate, set up online again, validate data file).
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    None of the solutions worked for me. The problem has been corrected this morning either by Quicken or CITI. It is working correctly again now.
  • Ajoy Mallik
    Ajoy Mallik Member ✭✭✭
    same here, CC 502, don't even try to deactivate and reactivate, you will also get CC 502 on attempt to re-activate
  • phipos417
    phipos417 Member
    Why can't I download my Citibank accounts? This has been going on for 2 weeks and I reported the is
  • mark1852
    mark1852 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same here, tried to give access to desktop apps on the Citibank website to no avail. I'll just import transactions for the next few days until this gets fixed-hopefully.
  • Unk D
    Unk D Member ✭✭
    I am with you.. 2 weeks and still no answers
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    > @andyf123 said:
    > You dont' see the apps at Citibank. Just go to Settings->Manage Desktop Apps-> Add Access and then you have 10 minutes to initiate a login from Quicken and that will be registered by Citi as an approved app. See screenshots.

Thanks, I did that but still cannot get Quicken to connect when I go back and try to connect to Citi. I get the same 502 message.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order for us to further investigate and work towards resolving this error, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem to submit your log files. Alternatively, you can also contact Quicken Support directly to have our support agents collect your log files. 

The more log files we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Michael R
    Michael R Member ✭✭
    I am havingthe same trouble. I followed several steps to reconnect and quicken can't connect to costcocitivisa. Please help..
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    What settings is andyf123 referring to? Quicken settings? Citibank settings? I'm not finding it :/
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    Nevermind... I finally found it.
  • jrubin48
    jrubin48 Member ✭✭
    However... even though it's syncing my bank accounts, it is not seeing my credit card accounts anymore. Anybody else?
  • amaja5
    amaja5 Member ✭✭
    Following.
  • Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Citibank for years is by far the worst of my 8 financial institutions for errors. I've had a CC-502 for 5 days. I've tried multiple times over the weekend and late at night with no success. If I deactivate a good account, I can't get it back because of the CC-502 yeat the other accounts with Citibank still download.
  • sandman111
    sandman111 Member
    Having issues as well with connecting to CITI.
    I am also unable to download from Citibank, and get a 502 error.
    I've tried to reset accounts without success.
    I've cancelled the connection and tried to make new connections without success.
    Need some resolution Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community.

Unfortunately, Citibank is currently blocking aggregation resulting in various errors and we advise that users allow another 24 to 48 hrs for connections to be resumed.

While the issue remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates. If you wish to be notified as updates become available, please bookmark the alert by clicking the yellow star on the top-right. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community.
    >
    > Unfortunately, Citibank is currently blocking aggregation resulting in various errors and we advise that users allow another 24 to 48 hrs for connections to be resumed.
    >
    > While the issue remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates. If you wish to be notified as updates become available, please bookmark the alert by clicking the yellow star on the top-right. 
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

Glad it's not just my imagination!
  • Phil C
    Phil C Member ✭✭
    > @Hoberg said:
    > I just tried the process andyf123 suggested and it seems to have fixed this issue. I ran the update twice w/o error. Balances are correct in Quicken and on the website.

Didn't work for me at all :(
  • AMBrown58
    AMBrown58 Member ✭✭
    I just tried the process @andyf123 suggested, and it did not fix the issue. I did not expect it work to after reading the problem statement from @Quicken Anja at 12:55 PM ET. Note that I am using Mac Desktop Quicken, and it was not clear to me what others may be using (and Citi's website (menu>profile>more settings>[apps with account access]|[manage desktop apps]) appears to distinguish between apps access and desktop access). FYI, last successful download for me from Citi was 3/23 mid-afternoon.

While I recognize this is a complex process, those of us who depend on the data and on the reliable and quick download of this data from banks into Quicken databases are really hamstrung when something in the process goes wonky. IMO Quicken could improve the acceptance of their product if they could 1) have better communication of error causes through their app/desktop, and 2) be more quickly reactive to those "canary in the mineshaft" messages about problems, and 3) leverage their customer's relationships with banks (and other entities) to create contractual service commitments (since the banks seem to have such awful customer service and cavalier attitudes toward making system or policy changes that create these outages). Just my 2 cents.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    getting CC-502 with citibank for a few days now.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    Had to redo due to cc-800 issue with linked accounts, but everything appears to be working again for me at least for now
  • Scott Leonard
    Scott Leonard Member ✭✭✭
    worked for the first time today. Seems corrected!
  • Jeff Kravin
    Jeff Kravin Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    When I perform a one step update of all my accounts, I no longer get an error on my Citibank account. However, the listing of updated accounts in the summary does not include my Citibank account. When I update only my Citibank account, I also do not get an error but the summary box is blank.

At Citibank, I actually only update my Visa account, and I have not used it since this trouble started. So I have no indication if it is working or not working correctly. I guess I will have to wait until I use the credit card to find out.
  • voyagr7
    voyagr7 Member ✭✭
    FIXED IT! It seems to be that Citibank NICKNAMES for accounts must now match exactly the Quicken account names. This was never a problem before this month. Maybe somebody else can see if doing this fixes their CC-502 errors, just to verify the fix? In my case, after following the Quicken advice for CC-502, which does not work, and trying a number of things including deactivating and re-adding accounts, I was able to finally fix the CC-502 problems by first deactivating every one of my Citibank credit card and bank accounts yet again (12 of them for the household. Ouch.). And then doing this: AFTER DEACTIVATION I CHANGED THE NAME OF EVERY QUICKEN ACCOUNT TO BE IDENTICAL TO THE CORRESPONDING "NICKNAME" THAT I HAVE SET UP ON THE CITIBANK WEBSITE. Then I did the Add Account procedure once more. That's it. After weeks of CC-502, my Citibank downloads started working again with no errors.
  • Bruce7
    Bruce7 Member ✭✭
    So, it's been 8 days (3/24/21) since my last successful download/sync from Citi...still getting CC-105 error ("website is unavailable...". @QuickenAnya...any updates as to when will this be resolved or how to fix, short of deleting the acct from Quicken Mac and starting over? TYIA!
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    > @Bruce7 said:
    > So, it's been 8 days (3/24/21) since my last successful download/sync from Citi...still getting CC-105 error ("website is unavailable...". @QuickenAnya...any updates as to when will this be resolved or how to fix, short of deleting the acct from Quicken Mac and starting over? TYIA!

Been working for 3 days here using Quicken for Windows.
This discussion has been closed.