Category descriptions

Options
steve1776
steve1776 Member
For some reason my categories now have a long alpha numeric string prior to the noun description. I've looked through the preferences and see no reference to correcting this issue. Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @steve1776

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

May I also ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and include "QMAC-19467" in the subject. Please include logs and screenshots of the issue in the report.

Please let me know once this report has been completed so that I can retrieve the information.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @steve1776  I'm sorry to hear you've run into this problem. It seems to hit relatively few people, but it's definitely something we've seen reported here before. To the best of my knowledge, it has something to do with corruption in syncing between desktop Quicken and Quicken cloud (mobile or web), although I'm not sure a direct causation has ever been found.

There are a number of threads on this forum about this problem. Here's one which also contains links to others.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any cure for the problem. A few people have been able to manually rename each corrupted category and carry on; I think most people hit by this have reverted to a backup file from prior to the corruption.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @steve1776

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

May I also ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and include "QMAC-19467" in the subject. Please include logs and screenshots of the issue in the report.

Please let me know once this report has been completed so that I can retrieve the information.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.