Editing a loan payment makes a duplicate entry in loan detail

Options
pbrusch
pbrusch Member ✭✭
I have my mortgage set up as a loan, with the payment as a Bill & Income Reminder to have a more detailed breakdown. At some point, Quicken started forgetting the loan account for the principle portion, and replacing it with Unspecified Account. That was irritating, but now when I edit the checking account entry I get a duplicate line in the loan detail. I tried deleting the check entry with the intention of reposting it, but one entry in the loan detail still exists but doesn't have a transaction associated with it. Any help would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @pbrusch

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the detailed loan reminder screen? I want to see if there any details on the reminder that could explain the missing information in the transactions.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • pbrusch
    pbrusch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, Tyka. My attempt to reply to the email didn't go through. The issue with the missing account information seems to affect any "bill & income reminder" entries with split categories that include a transfer to another account. The split that goes to an expense works fine but the one that goes to the asset or debt shows as Unspecified Account. Previously I could edit that line to the correct place, save, and it would be fine. Now when I edit, I see 2 entries in the debt account. I'm not seeing a way to add a photo to a reply here.
  • pbrusch
    pbrusch Member ✭✭
    Options
    This transaction isn't a loan payment, but it does have a split that should be posting to a Property & Debt account, but is showing Unspecified Account instead. I'd appreciate any help or ideas to try.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @pbrusch

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.

In your case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks

-Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

This discussion has been closed.