R32.10 - Fund price disappears after One Step Update

mmilian
mmilian Member ✭✭
edited March 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Hello,

I have been encountering an issue for a while now where the fund price disappears after I perform a one-step update in the evenings. It only happens in the evenings for both my Vanguard funds and when I perform the update again the next morning, the price is restored. I've attached a screenshot for reference. I'm wondering if anyone else has, or is currently, experiencing this same issue. Please advise.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help to know -
    1 - What Release ..... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mmilian
    mmilian Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Please see attached. Thanks.
    R32.10 - HB&RP
  • mmilian
    mmilian Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hi. Just wanted to follow up on this. Any luck? FYI, It is pretty much occurring every evening where I am at the point that I do not even perform one-step updates until the morning after.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mmilian

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

Did you experience any changes that you can recall prior to this issue occurring?

Can you please verify the file location? Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause the behavior you have described.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-find-quicken-data-file-quicken-windows

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mmilian Where do you hold this fund?  At what financial institution?
    Your graphic shows a Mercer fund ... but you discuss Vanguard funds.  Do you hold the Mercer fund in a Vanguard account?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mmilian
    mmilian Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - Thank you for the update. The file location is a local folder that that syncs to the cloud.
    @NotACPA - That is correct, the Mercer fund is managed in a Vanguard account.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmilian said:
    [snip]
    @NotACPA - That is correct, the Mercer fund is managed in a Vanguard account.
    In which case Vanguard is responsible for getting the quotes to you.  Are you getting quotes for any other securities held at Vanguard?
    And, have you taken a look at your OFX Log to see what's being sent by Vanguard?
    Because, the only other explanation would be a corrupted Q data file.  Have you tried a File Validation?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.