Bank Passwords - Quicken Download - character #@$%!

Many of my sign-in passwords have a character for security purposes and highly recommended by many institutions. Why can Quicken not accept the characters within a password.
I am requesting Quicken remedy this issue as it provides a higher level from hackers.

Best Answer

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi dwright284,
    The general rules for the quicken passwords are as follows:

The password requirements are:

• 8 character minimum.
    • Must contain one lower case letter and one capital letter.
    • Must contain at least one number.
    • Special characters are allowed but not required. 
    That info can be found in the Quicken Help article: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-if-i-forget-my-quicken-id-password

Another good reference is in a discussion about password limits with detailed information provided by Sherlock:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7866709/what-are-password-limits-for-quicken-id-e-g-max-length-valid-character-sets-etc
    Let us know if you need further information. 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Regarding bank passwords, Quicken applies rules provided by the financial institution.  In addition, the Express Web Connect connection method disallows five characters: &<>\/

If the rules Quicken is applying are not in sync with the financial institution, I suggest you refresh the financial institution's profile.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-currently-unable-verify-financial-institution-information-download

If the issue persists, contact the financial institution.  They'll need to push an update to their profile to Intuit.
  • jgreenhall
    jgreenhall Member
    Quicken still has not fixed this issue. Express Connect does not work with more characters than the noted "&<>\/" above. I haven't mapped out all the characters or conditions in which it fails, but it includes more than these. If I remove the auto-generated special characters in my passwords, then the passwords work. QUICKEN do your job and fix this issue. I don't want to have to weaken my passwords just to get ExpressConnect to work.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st off, we're other users ... so we can't fix anything.
    2nd, until you specify those alleged other characters, and name the financial institution involved, we really can't even provide much in the way of suggestions.
    Those 5 characters are disallowed for Express Web Connect, because EWC uses HTML to transmit the info ...  and those 5 characters have special meaning to HTML which corrupts Q's message.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.