Unable to Update Accounts

Options

Comments

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not updating bank accounts. Tried resetting, deactivating and adding online service, validating file as above and just not reset vault. Multiple times. When I look at 'Password Vault', under 'passwords' all accounts say "not required" and do not show passwors and I have no options avaiable other then to just look at it. Thats why I tried the reset option. When I try update it seems like something is happening but just goes back to the account screen. This seems to have started after last update to ver. 27.132.12. Suggestions??
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ATC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, tried that. Also deactivate/reactivate. Accounts show correct/updated Balance but do not download transactions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ATC

That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I tried download this morning and it worked, go figure! It must have been a bank thing. I had done multiple deactivating/reactivating, signing out-signing in/ reset vault, etc etc etc.
    Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @ATC

Glad to hear it worked for you this morning. Let us know if it's consistent or not over the next couple days. If it isn't we'll continue with troubleshooting!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Attached bank notice about transaction problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @ATC

Interesting it sounds like they were having difficulties in the time frame. I would keep an eye then for any further issues. Thank you for letting us know about this and please let us know if anything else pops up.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your bank account uses Express Web Connect protocol for downloading transactions, then the password is no longer stored inside the Password Vault. It's stored in Quicken's (or Intuit's) aggregation server.
    AFAIK, after changing your password at the bank's website run your next One Step Update or Update Now. You should get an error prompt, "Have you changed your password?". Reply Yes and follow prompts to input your new password.