Trying to reset acct for Web Connect, always fails

I've been using Quicken for quite a long time with my bank account. Recently, the balance stopped updating. I was getting the transactions, but not a new balance. From this forum I got advice to reset the account from Account Details->OnLine Services. I pressed the Reset Account button, which seems to have de-activated my connection but not re-activated it. All the Reset Account button now does is report an error: "Quicken could not complete the account reset." I also tried using "Deactivate" on the same screen. Now Quicken wants a social security number and a "JP Morgan Chase PIN for your online JPMorgan Chase Bank Account." I don't know what the number represents. When I called JPM, they said they've never heard of Quicken asking for PIN. Any ideas? What sort of PIN does that screen want?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RichardBro,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist your further.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicke you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, could you please tell us what the account type of the account in question is (checking, savings, credit card, etc)? And which Chase bank in our bank list are you selecting to connect to (see below)?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RichardBro
    RichardBro Member
    Thanks for your help, Quicken Anja. I was able to connect with your customer service department over the phone. The technician had me log out of my Quicken account from the Quicken application. Then they reset my account and I logged back in. After that, I chose Add Account to restore the connection to my checking account. We learned that my bank, Chase, has two monikers on Quicken. One asked for my social security number and PIN, but that didn't seem right. The other wanted a username/password, and that worked fine.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @RichardBro Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with Quicken Support. (:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.