Vanguard Account not updating

gfisher
gfisher Member
I have 2 Vanguard accounts, one updates, the other does not. This was not a problem until a few days ago.

Answers

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    OSU shows "an error has occurred". Your financial institution does not recognize the account Vanguard Funds (OL-304-A). NO problem a few days ago.
  • gfisher
    gfisher Member
    This does not answer my question. How can I fix the problem?
  • levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    I believe this is Quicken's problem to fix. I was merely echoing your frustration and adding my experience to the discussion in the hope that Quicken support might gain more insight.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    gfisher said:
    I have 2 Vanguard accounts, one updates, the other does not. This was not a problem until a few days ago.
    What happens when you update?  Does the 2nd account show updated with 0 transactions or do you get an error?
    Does the second account show it is set up for Direct Connect updates in the Account List?

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• gfisher
    gfisher Member
    Normally it shows an update with 0 transaction but I've also got an error message. I tossed the error message number.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @gfisher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. First, save a backup of your data file (just in case).
    Then, please follow the instructions below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• levy76
    levy76 Member ✭✭
    Anja ... following your instructions to refresh the registration token. Still no success. OSU still shows "an error has occurred" OL-304-A
  • gfisher
    gfisher Member
    I tried the suggestion but it DOES NOT WORK. Why can't Quicken correct the problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gfisher

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize we have been unable to resolve this issue here in the Community.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Joe1256
    Joe1256 Member ✭✭
    Vanguard Account not updating, This worked for me go to tools then go to Manage Hidden Accounts and close out the Accounts that Vanguard do's not Recognize.
This discussion has been closed.