Quicken will not record accepted transaction

Options
Every time I get a transaction for $10.81 in my update, I accept all and Quicken records all of the transactions other than the one for $10.81.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Reading this begs the question of why are you hitting Accept All?

The process of "Accepting transactions" is the process of ensuring that everything is correct.
    You can't ensure that without clicking on every single transaction in the Downloaded Transactions tab.

In the case of the Match, you need to click on it to make sure that it is indeed matching to the transaction you expect.
    If not you need to "un-match" it.

For all the New transactions you need to select them and see what Quicken assigned for the category.

Then only use case I have heard of that makes any sense for using Accept All is because the user wants to go through the transactions checking them out first and then when they are sure of them, use Accept All.  Personally I would never do it that way.  I would just select the first one, make sure it is right and select Enter to go to the next one.

But in fact these days I don't use this process at all, I use the "Automatically entry transactions" mode.
    In a way it is like using Accept All, with very big difference.  If you select Accept All they transactions all go into the register, but there isn't any way to see which transactions were changed.

With "Automatically entry transactions" mode they go directly into the register, but there is a Status column that has either New or New Match so that you can see and review/check out that they in fact are correct.  Clicking on the status icon allows the user to "Review" (clear the status field) of that one or all of the New/New Match transactions at once.  Doing a reconcile also clears the status the transactions that have been reconciled.  Note that automatic reconcile shouldn't be used with "Automatically entry transactions" mode since even though it checks for the right amounts, it doesn't ensure the right categories.  You should always review/accept transactions before reconciling.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• billsalomon
    billsalomon Member
    Options
    There is no way to add a screenshot. The only icon above the text box is for emojis.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry about that. The Community restricts file and image attachments until you've contributed a number of times. Until then you can also try to drag and drop an image onto your post where it will appear as attached file.
  • billsalomon
    billsalomon Member
    Options
    Before accepting
    Transaction is highlighted in image.png

After accepting
    Note, transaction is missing in screenshot
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "Adobe ..." transaction is listed as a "Match" to some other transaction.
    Before clicking Accept, did you click the downloaded transaction to make the register scroll to the transaction which Quicken is matching it to?
    I suspect that Quicken is mismatching to an older register transaction or should that have been classified as "New"?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Reading this begs the question of why are you hitting Accept All?

The process of "Accepting transactions" is the process of ensuring that everything is correct.
    You can't ensure that without clicking on every single transaction in the Downloaded Transactions tab.

In the case of the Match, you need to click on it to make sure that it is indeed matching to the transaction you expect.
    If not you need to "un-match" it.

For all the New transactions you need to select them and see what Quicken assigned for the category.

Then only use case I have heard of that makes any sense for using Accept All is because the user wants to go through the transactions checking them out first and then when they are sure of them, use Accept All.  Personally I would never do it that way.  I would just select the first one, make sure it is right and select Enter to go to the next one.

But in fact these days I don't use this process at all, I use the "Automatically entry transactions" mode.
    In a way it is like using Accept All, with very big difference.  If you select Accept All they transactions all go into the register, but there isn't any way to see which transactions were changed.

With "Automatically entry transactions" mode they go directly into the register, but there is a Status column that has either New or New Match so that you can see and review/check out that they in fact are correct.  Clicking on the status icon allows the user to "Review" (clear the status field) of that one or all of the New/New Match transactions at once.  Doing a reconcile also clears the status the transactions that have been reconciled.  Note that automatic reconcile shouldn't be used with "Automatically entry transactions" mode since even though it checks for the right amounts, it doesn't ensure the right categories.  You should always review/accept transactions before reconciling.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/