Quicken 2015 just to view files

Hi,
I was using Quicken 2015 up to 2018. Then I stopped because I did not need it anymore.
Now I just need to look and check my old account information. I installed Quicken 2015 and there is no way I can manage to look at my old account info. After opening the file, Quicken asks me for ID and password (I'm logged in here using it, so it works). and then a unknown error appears. I can see the account main page for a split of a second before the login screen comes. So, how can I solve this problem?
Is there a "view only" Quicken version?? I really just need to check my old account statements.
Can I maybe downgrade the 2015 file version to the 2010 file version?
(Q2010 works fine).
Thanks for any help,

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you download and apply the Quicken 2015 R17.4 Mondo update from: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what is worth if you have any version of Quicken after the one that created it, you can open the data file and it will convert it so that you can open it.  But in general you can’t open/convert a data file that was created by a newer version of Quicken with an older version of Quicken.  There is an exception though because since Quicken Inc took over they have kept the data file format backwards compatible.  So from Quicken 2016 onward any version can open the data files even ones opened in newer versions, because there isn’t any “conversion”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kire
    Kire Member
    My problem is NOT about the file version. I have the install files for the correct version.
    I used the same installation files that I used 3 or 4 years ago when I was using Quicken 2015 on a daily basis.
    But since then I do not need Quicken anymore.
    But now I need to check some information about my bank accounts and investments accounts I had in 2018.
    And I cannot do it because Quicken 2015 is asking me for mu ID and password and shows a message about some "unknown error". I dont want to buy a new Quicken License just to LOOK at at my old statements.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Kire said:
    My problem is NOT about the file version. I have the install files for the correct version.
    I used the same installation files that I used 3 or 4 years ago when I was using Quicken 2015 on a daily basis.
    But since then I do not need Quicken anymore.
    But now I need to check some information about my bank accounts and investments accounts I had in 2018.
    And I cannot do it because Quicken 2015 is asking me for mu ID and password and shows a message about some "unknown error". I dont want to buy a new Quicken License just to LOOK at at my old statements.
    Have you downloaded and applied the Quicken 2015 R17.4 Mondo update?

When we install Quicken, the installation program will automatically attempt to download and apply the most recent update.  Unfortunately, the Quicken 2015 installation program references a deprecated Intuit URL and will not be able to update itself.  Note: Intuit no longer sells Quicken.
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    But the install files aren't enough. There were bug fixes to 2015 that my fix your login problem.
    Take @Sherlock's advice and install the mondo patch to your new 2015 install.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jtemplin said:
    But the install files aren't enough. There were bug fixes to 2015 that my fix your login problem.
    Take @Sherlock's advice and install the mondo patch to your new 2015 install.
    In fact it isn't a bug.

Quicken 2015 was produced by Intuit.  The login in the early releases was an "Intuit Id".  As in Quicken contacts an Intuit server.  When Intuit sold Quicken Inc a patch release was put out to change to a "Quicken Id", which is talking to a Quicken Inc server.  The Intuit server is long gone so it stands to reason you can't log in with an "Intuit Id".  You need to have the patch (or later) where it changes from an Intuit Id to a Quicken Id.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kire
    Kire Member
    Hi again, thanks for the tips.
    Now I have a new problem :-(
    While I trying to install the Quicken 2015 R17.4 Mondo update, I get two new errors:
    Missing MSVCP120.dll and MSVCR120.dll.
    I installed the Windows C++ stuff, but with no success... :-(
    Any new idea?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reboot Windows after install the MSVCP120.dll.  If you're using a 64-bit Windows, install both the x86 and x64 DLLs: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kire said:
    Hi,
    I was using Quicken 2015 up to 2018. Then I stopped because I did not need it anymore.
    Now I just need to look and check my old account information. I installed Quicken 2015 and there is no way I can manage to look at my old account info. After opening the file, Quicken asks me for ID and password (I'm logged in here using it, so it works). and then a unknown error appears. I can see the account main page for a split of a second before the login screen comes. So, how can I solve this problem?
    Is there a "view only" Quicken version?? I really just need to check my old account statements.
    Can I maybe downgrade the 2015 file version to the 2010 file version?
    (Q2010 works fine).
    Thanks for any help,
    Hi @Kire ,

Unfortunately, what you want to do, doesn't work with reading the Quicken 2018 Subscription files with Quicken 2015.

The only Quicken programs that you can install and read the data files that Quicken Subscription produces, is Quicken 2016 or Quicken 2017.

Quicken 2015 can only read the Backup files after restoring them, created by Quicken 2015.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754