How do I make sure my notes column from my register transfers to an excel sheet ?

Please help :/

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    To include the Notes column when exporting a register to a spreadsheet, I suggest you use a Transaction report (aka a Register report).  Be certain to check the Notes column on the Display tab of the Customize Transaction window: open the report and press Alt + C.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That's what I have version wise and I have the notes box checked in the right side gear drop down box. I select print transactions and it does not appear. weather I export or not. What am I doing wrong? I thank you so much for the help...
    I suspect you have not opened the report.  For example, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N and select More Reports > Register Report.  This is where you I suggested you press Alt + C and check the Notes column on the Display tab of the Customize window.  Then, to export the report to Excel spreadsheet, you may press Alt + E and select Export to Excel Workbook (.xlsx).

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately you can't.  The columns that are exported a fixed set, and the notes column isn't one of them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Luigi Scola
    Luigi Scola Member
    Thank you.......... Just a little disappointing :/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    To include the Notes column when exporting a register to a spreadsheet, I suggest you use a Transaction report (aka a Register report).  Be certain to check the Notes column on the Display tab of the Customize Transaction window: open the report and press Alt + C.
  • Luigi Scola
    Luigi Scola Member
    That doesn’t work.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    That doesn’t work.
    It does work.  Quicken Premier R32.12 on Windows.
  • Luigi Scola
    Luigi Scola Member
    That's what I have version wise and I have the notes box checked in the right side gear drop down box. I select print transactions and it does not appear. weather I export or not. What am I doing wrong? I thank you so much for the help...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suspect you have not opened the report.  For example, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + N and select More Reports > Register Report.  This is where you I suggested you press Alt + C and check the Notes column on the Display tab of the Customize window.  Then, to export the report to Excel spreadsheet, you may press Alt + E and select Export to Excel Workbook (.xlsx).
  • Luigi Scola
    Luigi Scola Member
    I got it finally. Thank you so much for your help :)
This discussion has been closed.