How do I get transaction

I had to delete an account from my Quicken register and when I added the account back then updated it the update only entered the transactions from 2021. I need the other transactions to update on this account from 2017 to today's date. I tried looking through my backups but wasn't able to do this.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @MonaC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, once an account is deleted, the only way to restore it as well as restore its transaction history is by restoring a backup and/or an automatic backup. I know you mentioned having already tried restoring a backup. However, just in case; please refer to this support article and scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Alternatively, if you still are unable to find a good backup to restore the deleted account, you can try downloading a Web Connect .qfx file from your financial institution's website and import it to Quicken. Although, automatic downloads generally only allow transaction downloads for the last 30-90 days, most financial institutions that support Web Connect .qfx file downloads will allow you to go further back than that.

However, please keep in mind that the allotted timeframe using this download method is provided by the financial institution. Please, refer to this support article for instructions on how to download a Web Connect .qfx file. Then, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to import it.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: Download Old Transactions

If you have access to a Quicken file backup you saved before you deleted the account, you should be able to use the Quicken file backup and access the transactions it contains.