Capital One Credit Card Issues

Options
For the past three weeks I have not been able to update my Capital One account. I have reset and signed in approximately six times, I try to update and nothing happens, not even an error message. Anyone else have similar issues with Capital One?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @EDL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @KTW1103

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I would first navigate to File > Save a Backup. I would then proceed with deactivating and reactivating the account following the steps shown below.

To deactivate the accounts, please see the information available here. To reactivate the account, we are going to act as if we are adding a new account to be able to link all of the accounts at once.

To begin this process, please select the (+) sign in the top left-hand corner. Then search for your financial institution and sign in.

You will then LINK the accounts found to the accounts in Quicken, be sure not to ADD the accounts or you will end up with duplicate accounts.

Please let me know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • KTW1103
    KTW1103 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the input. I have done this a number of times over the past few weeks, it appears successful but never downloads transactions or provide an on-line balance. Everything is manual.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello @KTW1103

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 
     https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • EDL
    EDL Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my capital one credit card download. I do an update and then it goes into a perpetual loop and I have to close quicken using the task manager because quicken will not close as it is doing a one step update. I have reset the account and it works once and then does not work again. Please help if you can.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @EDL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Starrett
    Options
    Me too. Have never been able to use Quick Pay with my Capital One credit card. "Your bill has been successfully added", but bills never become available. "The payment cannot be made because the online biller information is not available." I have removed and added again 4X. Please fix this! Using Premier for Windows R32.12, build 27.1.32.12
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Richard Starrett

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

This is a known issue with Capital On, Please refer to this Support Article for more information. 

We are continuing to work with our Service Provider and Capital One to resolve this issue, however, there is currently no ETA on when it will be resolved. 

In the meantime, we recommend that all users continue to not attempt adding Capital One to Online Bills. 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~