Can't see credit card transactions

Hi, I'm new to the Quicken budgeting for Windows. Great tool. All my transactions show for my checking account and savings account. My credit card balance is shown, but there are no transactions. Is this common? I assume you should be able to see and categorize all your credit transactions with this tool. Any ideas on how to resolve? Thank You.

Best Answer

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Correct.  If you categorize transactions to your CC, then you should seem those transactions in your budget provided you have the CC account and associated categories selected for inclusion.

You wouldn't normally view your entire CC balance in the budget.  Did you happen to select your [CC] as a category in the Manage Budget Categories>Transfers-Out Category Group?  See first image.   If so, then clear that selection and then go to Budget Actions>Select Accounts and ensure your CC is selected there.   See second image. 

Since your seeing other account transactions but not those associated with your CC account, then I would start there.

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Correct.  If you categorize transactions to your CC, then you should seem those transactions in your budget provided you have the CC account and associated categories selected for inclusion.

You wouldn't normally view your entire CC balance in the budget.  Did you happen to select your [CC] as a category in the Manage Budget Categories>Transfers-Out Category Group?  See first image.   If so, then clear that selection and then go to Budget Actions>Select Accounts and ensure your CC is selected there.   See second image. 

Since your seeing other account transactions but not those associated with your CC account, then I would start there.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "My credit card balance is shown, but there are no transactions."
    Are you looking at the credit card Account's register - the list of transactions that create the balance in the Account?  There's no way to have a "balance" without "transactions", unless you've just created the Account in Quicken and entered some number in the "Statement ending balance" box in Quicken's "Add Account" window.
    A credit card Account works just like a checking or savings Account in Quicken; you make entries that are Categorized and the entries - charges and payments - create a running balance in the Account.
    Or is this question somehow connected to the "budgeting" process you mention in your first sentence?  A credit card Account certainly can be selected to be included in a budget, passing information to the "Actual" column in the budgets and reports.  You do need to make sure that the credit card Account is selected though.  In the budgeting process that's achieved by clicking on the "Budget Actions" button and making sure the Account is selected.
  • Jim Canola
    Jim Canola Member
    Hi, thank you for responding. I see balance total and transactions for Savings and Checking accounts. But for the credit card account it only shows me the balance total. No visible transactions.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    For example, show us your credit card account register. Show us a portion of the budget view where some of these transactions should show
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.