Lately - I can not reconcile accounts ?

DuaneB
DuaneB Member
For the last couple months (perhaps since an update?), when I try to reconcile an account, I get a message box saying "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." This happens even when I have a mix of reconciled, cleared, and uncleared items in the register for that account.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you reconciling to the online balance?
    It is possible that the online balance date hasn't been updated and as such you are in fact reconciling to a past date.

To find the Online Balance date select:
    Tools -> On Step Update Summary -> click on the link below the financial institution name

That should get the online balance and date that Quicken is using for the reconcile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without being able to see the DATES in your graphic, we're at a bit of a disadvantage. 
    But let's try.  What's the DATE associated with that $5.39 item at the bottom of your graphic?
    And what's the date associated with the $101.08 item for "Subscription" in the middle of the graphic?
    And I'm going to guess that this account is sorted by DATE, is that correct? (I assume this because it's clearly not sorted by amount, CLR or category).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DuaneB
    DuaneB Member
    That does seem to be the problem; several accounts showed dates of Jan 31 and Feb 1. Thanks!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I will take a wild guess that the accounts are setup with Express Web Connect, not Direct Connect, right?

I have been noticing a lot of reports of people with this kind of problem lately.  I have a feeling (but no proof) that there is something messed up in the new Express Web Connect/QCS syncing that updates the transactions, but not the online balance/online balance date.  Therefore causing reconciling to the online balance to fail.
    Signature:
  • DuaneB
    DuaneB Member
    Correct guess! These accounts are using Express Web Connect. I use the One Step Update, and it was showing these accounts as updating, but as suggested earlier, I checked and the online balance and date were from a couple months ago. I used Update Now on the accounts individually, and the online balances were updated to today and reconciled correctly.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @DuaneB for confirming my guess.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I also want to state that if this happens again to you I suggest that you use Help -> Report a problem, and send them your logs so that hopefully they can get to the bottom of this problem.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    As the online balance and date obtained by Quicken is not reliable, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution.
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    > @DuaneB said:
    > Correct guess! These accounts are using Express Web Connect. I use the One Step Update, and it was showing these accounts as updating, but as suggested earlier, I checked and the online balance and date were from a couple months ago. I used Update Now on the accounts individually, and the online balances were updated to today and reconciled correctly.

I have noticed the exact same issue without even trying to reconcile. If you do update all, some of the accounts continue to have the wrong last download date. If you do an individual account update, this fixes the problem.
  • StuartG
    StuartG Member ✭✭
    Capital One cc, all Chase accounts, Chevron/Synchrony cc, ... all are Express Web Connect and all are broken in the same way. Have yet to hear that Quicken is working on this issue. Have tried individually updating each account (as well as resets and even deleting and recreating accounts) -- still not updating to correct on-line balance.
This discussion has been closed.