Quicken recognizes my Venmo account but not my SYNCHRONY Venmo Credit Card account

markl0514
markl0514 Member ✭✭
When I enable online banking for Venmo, Quicken finds my regular Venmo account as a checking or savings account, but does not offer an option to connect to my Venmo credit card account. Will Quicken offer connecting to the credit card account any time soon?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sharing - this is what Quicken currently has contracted for VENMO support.
    It does not appear that they have contracted with Quicken to support Credit Card.
    Is the CC in fact branded from Venmo - or is it from another bank ?
    Where do you log into for online website access ?
    61965    61965    61965    Venmo    https://www.venmo.com/    N/A    https://venmo.com/account/login    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• markl0514
    markl0514 Member ✭✭
    The only way to view Venmo credit card transactions is through the Venmo app. There's no option to view cc transactions in my Venmo account on the web. This may be the same reason Quicken does not find the cc account. The card is issued by Syncrony Bank, but their site does not allow me to create an account with my cc number.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] - I've added the SYNCHRONY text to the topic title in case there are any other users that may want to jump in...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    What's the latest update on this situation? I found the following details regarding the FIs used for each type account:

DEBIT CARDThe Venmo Mastercard® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to license by Mastercard International IncorporatedThe Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.

CREDIT CARD
    The Venmo Visa Credit Card is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license from Visa USA Inc. VISA and VISA SIGNATURE are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association and used under license.

The only open issue I have is with the credit card connection. Would you please let me know what's happened on this since post back in JANUARY.

Many thanks...
    Kenneth
  • PL30066
    PL30066 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    > @markl0514 said:
    > The only way to view Venmo credit card transactions is through the Venmo app.

Great credit card but having to enter everything in Quicken manually seems so... 80's...
  • markl0514
    markl0514 Member ✭✭
    "Would you please let me know what's happened on this since post back in JANUARY."

KQ: I never received any update or response from Quicken on this issue... I'm still entering and reconciling transactions manually. Quite archaic, as PL30066 points out.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    As mentioned - this is a VENMO issue - as Quicken can only download what is made avail from a bank or financial company.  Also - each and every company must contract with Quicken to supply and support each feature.....
    SO... totally up to Venmo what they have contracted for... or NOT - still only Banking -
    61965    61965    61965    Venmo    https://www.venmo.com/    N/A    https://venmo.com/account/login    ACTIVE         BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Yep. I totally understand this is up to Venmo. I am willing to make a few calls to the Executive team that handles this type of inquiry. But it would be good to know if there is anything in the works, meaning if Quicken had starting discussing this issue with Venmo.

When I contact them and they were to say this information was already sent to Quicken, that would be extremely helpful information.

In cases like this, how does a user know if Quicken is already been in contact, and/or in the middle of making the contractual revisions?  

Hope that makes sense....because I seriously don't know where to find the 'FI's in-progress list"

KQ
  • Bayerfish
    Bayerfish Member
    Any status update on this?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bayerfish,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in January of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.