Duplicate USAA Transactions

Comments

• SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    I am getting duplicate transactions also - sometimes a few days apart. I delete one of them to keep the ledger in balance. This all started with the new USAA servers. Using Quicken - Deluxe 2020 Build 27.1.31.12
  • ddenucci
    ddenucci Member ✭✭✭
    Here is the process for turning on reference ID in Quicken and where it will then appear on the register.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ddenucci said:
    Here is the process for turning on reference ID in Quicken and where it will then appear on the register.
    Just so people know, if you are in two line mode the "Downloaded reference" column has to be on to see the Downloaded ID column because the Downloaded ID column is under the Downloaded reference column.  I have never actually seen anything in the Downloaded reference field, and have no idea what it is.  The Downloaded ID is what you want to look at.

I did just try turning on the Downloaded ID column in two line mode and it automatically turned on the Downloaded reference column.

If you are in one line mode you just need to turn on the Downloaded ID column.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • twrice88
    twrice88 Member ✭✭
    USAA still issuing duplicates as of 2/27. FWIW, the initial downloaded ID seems to have "...90000" in the ID after the date, and the one that comes along the day after will be "...00001" or possibly a higher number if there are other transactions.
  • marpler
    marpler Member ✭✭
    Since the security update in early February by USAA, I am finding multiple duplicate charges after running the download update function. This is a new error and getting worse not better. Prior to February I never had a duplicate posting. Looking for reasons and solutions to this.
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    today is March 1. Just had a series of duplicates and it took me 20 minutes to sort out all the errors. If USAA can't solve this then I will quit using their card. It is that simple. Never had this issue before the new servers.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat. I posted on another thread that I too suffer with the downloading of previously reconciled transactions. Just adding my twin pennies to keep the focus on this.
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    still happening March 2, 2021
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    [removed - duplicate]
  • ddenucci
    ddenucci Member ✭✭✭
    I contacted USAA earlier this week: 1) advised them of the issue and 2) encouraged them to work with Quicken to remedy this issue. I also indicated that many USAA members who are Quicken users were upset and vexed by this problem. (I have been a USAA member since 1970 and a Quicken user for nearly 30 years). So far I have not received a response.
  • DRMcLain
    DRMcLain Member ✭✭
    To add to ddenucci's post, I too called USAA tech support and reported the issue. The tech I spoke with agreed to escalate. I also asked that USAA broadcast a message to USAA members experiencing the duplicate transactions problem. I would add that as a 25+ year Quicken user, I have never experienced this problem with any other account. It is also apparent that their first-line tech support staffers who field our calls aren't being advised, as the person who fielded my call wasn't aware of the issue. I don't see any posts on this thread by Quicken techs - that would be helpful.
  • twrice88
    twrice88 Member ✭✭
    Sent this to USAA tech support this morning: "Ever since USAA switched to the new servers for communication with Quicken (and others, I presume) around the beginning of February, I have been getting duplicate transactions in my daily downloads. A transaction will show up the first time when it is pending, then again when it becomes final. I have attached a screenshot showing an example from my USAA Visa account, where the payment posted twice, one day apart. The second column is the transaction ID, and the others are self-explanatory. I request that you work with Quicken to resolve this, though it is pretty clear that the error is on the USAA side."
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    well, it is March 20, 2021 and there were three duplicate transactions this morning that took me some time to find. I've moved most of my money out of USAA bank and have begun to use another credit card for my purchases. Shame that they can't resolve this. No other card or account I've used with Quicken over 20+ years has experienced this. USAA must not care or they would have fixed it.
  • GibbyCJ
    GibbyCJ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    @Quicken Sarah - I hope this actually tags a monitor at Quicken to see this. Quicken pushed out a notice this week saying the duplicate transaction issue with USAA was resolved. It is not -- I am still getting them. Just wanted someone at quicken to know.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    GibbyCJ said:
    @Quicken Sarah - I hope this actually tags a monitor at Quicken to see this. Quicken pushed out a notice this week saying the duplicate transaction issue with USAA was resolved. It is not -- I am still getting them. Just wanted someone at quicken to know.
    Where did you see that, I haven't seen that.

In fact though what I have noticed is that it is in fact fixed for the banking accounts, but by all reports the credit card accounts still have the problem.  Note I don't have a USAA credit card account so I can't confirm the latter, but the people reporting on this thread have said so.

Actually I think I know what you are talking about.  There was the message about duplicates being fixed when you started Quicken.

There have actually been two "duplicates" problems going on.
    The first is the one with USAA.  And since this is Direct Connect and the information comes directly from USAA only they can fix it.  So the USAA credit card duplicates haven't been fixed.

The other one was caused by some problem on the Intuit server for Express Web Connect credit cards/maybe other account types.  That is the problem that was the one fixed.  Note that Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service.
    Signature:
  • jesy_yeates
    jesy_yeates Member ✭✭
    I can confirm that banking (checking and savings) are fixed. Credit cards are still a mess. Last week USAA told me Quicken and USAA were working to fix....2 months and counting.
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Today is April 17, 2021 and duplicate transactions are still an ongoing issue, almost daily, with USAA. I have come to the conclusion to cancel my accounts with USAA and move on to someone who respects me enough to solve problems like this. The duplicate transactions are all over the place and sometimes even enter as insurance payments. It is absolutely crazy. Many people in threads on this issue say they have spoken with USAA and that "they are working on it." Really? I don't believe it. I might also state that we have begun our own spreadsheet process to replace Quicken next renewal. It takes me longer to solve this problem daily than it would just to balance things in a spread sheet.
  • twrice88
    twrice88 Member ✭✭
    Still happening today, just on the credit card. I "report a problem" to Quicken each day so they can continue to track the issue, and I realize the problem is almost certainly on USAA's side, as they seem to be sending the pending transaction one day and the final one the next. I have a radical idea: stop sending the pending transaction.
  • AFN
    AFN Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Using USAA with Quicken used to be bulletproof. Now it's "WHAT NEXT?". The conversion to the new Direct Connect a month or so ago was a major issue for users and now the duplicates. Also the Quicken app has been showing a Connectivity Error for many months for my USAA Checking and Credit Card accounts.
    I am responding with my wallet. There are no duplicates or connectivity errors with American Express, Bank of America, Chase, etc. I am considering cancelling both my USAA accounts.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Community.  This is a "for what it's worth response." I've only been with USAA a mere 40 years.  That's right, you read that correctly, 4-0 (forty) years.  I've spent the last ten months moving all of our financial accounts out of USAA except the Visa credit card.  Oh by the way, the decision to transfer our accounts coincides with USAA giving up on the investment business.  So, we use our Visa card now only when a vendor does not accept our AMEX.  I'm back to where I started 40 years ago with USAA and that's their insurance products.  In terms of the duplicate transactions I'm getting them as well but since I have so few transactions to start with I just delete them.  As I said, this is a "for what it's worth response" and my solution was to end what essentially was going to be a lifetime relationship with USAA. Oh by the way, when they asked me why I was closing/transferring a given financial account I told them politely: "Ok, since you asked I'm going to give you an answer and please turn on the recorded line so you can play my response back for management."  
  • SGK
    SGK Member ✭✭
    That seems to be the only way big corporations listen. We too are in the process of leaving USAA banking. Too much work reconciling the account.
  • joturnage
    joturnage Member ✭✭
    I knw this topic has been covered before but can someone here please tell me if the duplicate transaction issues with USAA are Quicken's fault or USAA's fault?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    joturnage said:
    I knw this topic has been covered before but can someone here please tell me if the duplicate transaction issues with USAA are Quicken's fault or USAA's fault?
    USAA is causing the problems, they are sending the same transactions twice with different unique Ids.
    Signature:
  • Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    > @artg said:
    > Good morning Community.  This is a "for what it's worth response." I've only been with USAA a mere 40 years.  That's right, you read that correctly, 4-0 (forty) years.  I've spent the last ten months moving all of our financial accounts out of USAA except the Visa credit card.  Oh by the way, the decision to transfer our accounts coincides with USAA giving up on the investment business.  So, we use our Visa card now only when a vendor does not accept our AMEX.  I'm back to where I started 40 years ago with USAA and that's their insurance products.  In terms of the duplicate transactions I'm getting them as well but since I have so few transactions to start with I just delete them.  As I said, this is a "for what it's worth response" and my solution was to end what essentially was going to be a lifetime relationship with USAA. Oh by the way, when they asked me why I was closing/transferring a given financial account I told them politely: "Ok, since you asked I'm going to give you an answer and please turn on the recorded line so you can play my response back for management."  

Make that two people leaving USAA after 40+ years. Very sad but USAA has quietly given up on it's Customers in exchange for focused attention on endless commercials.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chuckco said:

Make that two people leaving USAA after 40+ years. Very sad but USAA has quietly given up on it's Customers in exchange for focused attention on endless commercials.
    Based on the commercials it seem like they are only interested in the products like insurance that make them a lot of money.
    Signature:
  • Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Agree, not the USAA of years (decades) past. I've moved everything away from USAA except for insurance and of course, the 2.5% cash back Visa card they offered for a brief period of time. Too bad, they used to be a great overall company. Just hope they fix the duplicate download issue soon.
  • LIB
    LIB Member ✭✭
    Another for what it's worth comment. I filed an online complaint with USAA on the 27th after reading Chuckco and others comments. Yesterday I received a call from the CEO's office asking for more information. I explained the duplicate download issue and let them know that many long term members were disappointed with USAA's response to this problem. I explained step by step what we were experiencing, that we were clear it was a USAA problem, not Quicken, and lastly encouraged them to kick their IT/systems people in the butt and fix it. Lastly, if for some reason they can't fix it, then at least let their customer support people know what's going on so we don't keep getting the run around. So we'll see if they're as good as they use to be. 50 year USAA member, 28 years with Quicken
  • scubasteve39932
    scubasteve39932 Member ✭✭
    Receiving CC-501 and CC-502 errors for USAA for the last three days. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Receiving CC-501 and CC-502 errors for USAA for the last three days. Anyone else having this issue?
    CC- errors indicate that you are using Express Web Connect, not Direct Connect.  It have been my experience that Express Web Connect has never been reliable with USAA. You will get connection failures from time to time, you might have to do things like resetting the connection, and all the other painful workarounds that the Express Web Connect flow represents.  And note part of that can be them blocking the connection while they do this work or that, and you might just have to wait.

You can report the problem to Quicken support because unlike Direct Connect the problem can be caused by other "players" than the financial institution.

Direct Connect flow:
    Quicken -> OFX server at financial institution

Express Web Connect flow:
    Quicken -> QCS (Quicken Connection Services/"cloud data set") -> Intuit server -> financial institution's website

Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • LIB
    LIB Member ✭✭
    Update on another for what it's worth comment. Received a follow up call from CEO's office. They know it's a USAA problem and they hope to have a fix in place by the end of this month. I encouraged them to get their Customer Support people on the same page so Quicken members calling in get the same message. I'm going to hang around and see if they they're successful.
This discussion has been closed.