reconcile an account and get message there are no uncleared items to reconcile when there is.

reconcile an account and get message there are no uncleared items to reconcile when there is. just got new quicken and updated data from a different computer.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Forgive me for asking an obvious question:  when you start the reconcile, are you entering the correct statement date... and the uncleared items that are not being seen are indeed BEFORE that date?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that if you are reconciling to an online balance then the "statement date" is the date that they sent with that balance.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Darnett
    Darnett Member
    It appears as though the online balance is not getting updated when I attempt to update my accounts. I have "Use Online Balance" for all my accounts. When I reconcile my accounts, I get the same message "no uncleared items to reconcile", and the as of balance date is 2/23 on all my accounts. So I change to "Use Paper Statement" to reconcile all my accounts. I have had quicken for over 20 years, and like others, I am about to switch to something else.
  • Proctor74
    Proctor74 Member
    I am getting the same message: "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." - on certain accounts when there clearly are uncleared items or "cleared" items which have not been reconciled. I have been using Quicken sine the 1990s.
  • kerrykrowley@
    kerrykrowley@ Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Has a solution been posted?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kerrykrowley@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • guppy_puppy
    guppy_puppy Member ✭✭
    Same problem here.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

When matching existing transactions to downloaded transactions, you may have by accident matched a downloaded transaction to the wrong transaction, even though the Dollar Figure matches.

With Quicken opened, be viewing your checking account. Click on the Register Columns gear. Place a Check-nark in the Downloaded posting date Column. The Downloaded posting date, may not be the same date, depending on the Date the Check was cashed or deposited.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @thecreator I have seen way to many of these problems reported lately for it to be a mismatch problem.  And in fact one person was reporting it as the online balance not updating, not even a reconcile problem.

The online balance has always been a bit flaky with some financial institutions, but lately it seems to be much worse.  I suspect it is some problem with Express Web Connect and the new QCS connnection.
    Signature:
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @"Chris_QPW ,

For Customers, entering their transactions, manually, checks may not clear for some days after being written. thus, if a customer does an Online Reconcile, it doesn't match.

Not trying to defend Quicken, but just trying to justify the reason, which is beyond Quicken's control.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @thecreator The reports I see go something like this.  I got this message even though I just downloaded transactions and they are in the register in the cleared state.  And on further investigation we find that the online balance and online balance date is far in the past.  Even if the online balance is "unreliable" one would expect that if you got new transactions then you should also get a new date for the online balance.

Note that this really has nothing to do with the fact that there might be uncleared transactions because they have yet to clear the bank and download.  When you bring up the reconcile it shows you both the cleared and the uncleared transactions, so given that the transaction in the register is equal or older than the one you put in for your reconcile then you shouldn't get a prompt that there isn't any such transactions.  The only explanation falls to the fact that the user isn't putting in the ending date, instead it is coming from the online balance date, and is older than the dates on the cleared/uncleared transactions.
    Signature:
  • drsmith
    drsmith Member
    @thecreator I agree with @Chris_QPW . I have been using this software for decades (literally) and have never had so many problems updating my accounts and reconciling them as I am now. What used to take 10 minutes, now may take me more than an hour by the time I get done messing around with it. This is not me misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. It isn't working. I specifically have this issue most with Navy Federal Credit Union but have had it with other accounts as well. Sometimes if I download and import transactions manually, it will clear things up and I can reconcile, but I have to do it one account at a time. I have a lot of accounts for different purposes. I also thought I saw a resolution somewhere about logging out of quicken and back in. I think that did work one time but I can't find that article now, and my efforts to log out and log in haven't changed anything yesterday or today.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    drsmith said:
    Sometimes if I download and import transactions manually, it will clear things up and I can reconcile, but I have to do it one account at a time.
    Thanks for the reminder, this also seems to be a symptom of the recent problems. Download with One Step Update, and the Online Balance/date is wrong.  Download with Update now and they are correct.

I have a feeling that this because Update now bypasses the new QCS connection method for Express Web Connect and forces a more "interactive" retrieval of the information.

With that in mind, you might try this suggestion:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20145740/#Comment_20145740
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.