Convert Bank transactions to qfx file format

Hi,
Not sure if it right place to ask, I want to convert my bank transactions to qfx format using java. Is there any open source library available for this or any help would be appreciated?

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many solutions out there that do this already, why try to reinvent the wheel?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @chandu2k2004

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. There is no official way to convert a file to a different format. You'd need to have the bank transactions offered in the proper format from your bank.  I would recommend contacting and asking if it would be possible to have it be offered in qfx format.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of any open source java packages that generate QFX but you may be able to use one of the OFX packages as QFX requires only a minor addition to OFX.

Note:  If you're thinking you'll be able to subsequently import the QFX file into Quicken, there is a handshake between Quicken and a Quicken server used to verify your subscription is active and the financial institution identified in the QFX supports the Web Connect connection method.

If you haven't already, you may want to consider ImportQIF.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    chandu2k2004 said: I want to convert my bank transactions to qfx format using java.
    Why ?
    What bank ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    chandu2k2004 said: I want to convert my bank transactions to qfx format using java.
    Why ?
    What bank ?

And what format does the bank currently support for exporting transactions?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.