how do I prevent duplicate transactions in the calendar view of Bill & Income Reminders

I noticed my projected account balance is not accurate when I open Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders. I looked at the calendar view and many of my future scheduled transactions have more than one of the same transaction listed on the scheduled day. When I initially added these schedules, I only entered them once, and the Bill and Income Reminders list reflects this. I selected a one transaction from a duplicate in the calendar view and deleted it, but it deleted the schedule from the Bill and Income Reminders completely.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tsprang1028,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Validate and Repair...
    5. Select Validate file
    6. Click OK
    7. Close the Data Log
    8. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    9. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tsprang1028

Thank you for the response and additional details. A good test would be to run an OSU. If you are able to successfully sync without the duplication occurring this would be a good indication that the mobile sync is the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tsprang1028,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Validate and Repair...
    5. Select Validate file
    6. Click OK
    7. Close the Data Log
    8. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    9. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    Version R32.12 Windows 10 Home subscription service
  • tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    thanks for your response and suggestions. I followed the steps for validation and the duplicate transactions were no longer in the calendar. however, now the daily graph of the account balance is negative every day since march, even though the account balance is correct (and positive) in accounts list and in the register. I tried the super validate option and there was no change.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tsprang1028

Thank you for the response and the additional details. To help isolate the cause of the issue can you confirm if you use the mobile or web app at all? 

To confirm, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.  If currently syncing, can you please disable sync temporarily to test if this improves the issue?

Please let us know what you find!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    I have the Quicken app, but do not use it due to past issues. I checked the on-off toggle - it was on and I did turn it off. Is there a way I can test to see if this works immediately, or will I just need to monitor over time? I have manually deleted a couple of the transactions that were duplicate and re-entered them, but there is at least one I have not. If I need to leave some duplicate transactions to test, let me know. Otherwise, I will proceed with deleting and reentering the rest. Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @tsprang1028

Thank you for the response and additional details. A good test would be to run an OSU. If you are able to successfully sync without the duplication occurring this would be a good indication that the mobile sync is the issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    I have run OSU a few times and have not noticed any new duplicate transactions. I will continue to monitor.
    Thank you for your help!
  • tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    Still finding duplicate transactions. Every time I delete one and reenter it, another one for a different scheduled transaction occurs on another day. It is not just one or two duplicates of the transactions, there are around 10 duplicates for each transaction. When I delete one, all duplicates are deleted as well.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tsprang1028

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tsprang1028
    tsprang1028 Member
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.