Police and Fire Credit Union Issues with Not Downloading Transactions

Again I am having issues with downloading transactions from Police and Fire Federal Credit union. Usually the system asks for a security code but that step is not occurring. Is there a known issue at this time? This has been happening since Friday 4/30/21,

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble. I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has tools that the Community does not have, to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Contacting support also generates help tickets which can be used to gauge user impact and then used to open an escalation with our service provider.

Thank you, 
     -Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Feb0593,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect, or Direct Connect)? And are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) that you can provide us with here, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Version – R32.12
    Express Web Connect
    I get no errors – it just does not ask for the Security code – usually asks where do I want to security code sent (email or Text) – they send me a code and I enter it. I am not getting asked where to send the security code – just goes through like it’s updating and does nothing. I was getting an error message before that there was an issue connecting with the server but I don’t get that anymore.
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Tried de-activating and re-activating and get this error...
  • GreggS48
    GreggS48 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same experience. De-activating and re-activating did not clear the issue for me either. I did see an e-mail from PFFCU that they changed some ways to internally pay your credit card and transfer money. I am wondering if possibly PFFCU updated their IT systems internally and express web connect still needs a fix.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    @Feb0593 & @GreggS48 Thank you for the additional information.

When you attempted to reactivate the account(s) after deactivating, did you do so through Add Account or through Set Up Now (found in the Online Services tab)? If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Still get the same error message that Quicken is having trouble connecting to Police and Fire
  • rockville1019
    rockville1019 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I was told by the Police and Fire Credit Union that they no longer allow 3rd parties to connect to their system.
  • Shass48
    Shass48 Member
    Same issue here, hope that is not the case don't want to manually enter transactions
  • Twinmommie06
    Twinmommie06 Member
    I am also having issues with PFFCU and the same connection issues with another money app I use. I hope that the credit union is able to fix this. No one wants to manually enter transactions. That defeats the purpose of using financial software for me. I have been with them for over 20 years, though, and would hate to change banks.
  • xholysmokes
    xholysmokes Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue... has happened a lot over the years with Quicken. In the past I have called PFFCU and they always tell me they don't support 3rd party connections but 3rd party connections were still working, I guess it just means its not the credit unions problem if its not working. Quicken support/engineering will need to review this as it has nothing to do with the account/quicken file/etc. PFFCU has changed banking systems, and also made many updates. Seems to have broken after a more recent update.
  • Twinmommie06
    Twinmommie06 Member
    This is the reply I received today - We do apologize as PFFCU has never had a licensing agreement with Quicken or Mint to formally link the software to PFFCU accounts. It has come to our attention that there have been methods developed by the software companies to allow this connection without our knowledge that have unfortunately been interrupted by our recent upgrades. The only current option we can provide is to export the data from our Online Banking platform and import it to Quicken as a workaround. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately I tried that as well - exporting from PFFCU to Quicken and that does not work either! :(
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble. I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has tools that the Community does not have, to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary.

Contacting support also generates help tickets which can be used to gauge user impact and then used to open an escalation with our service provider.

Thank you, 
     -Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • FShearerjr
    FShearerjr Member
    I have the same issues as well, I tried contacting support with the link but that does not work, it just takes me to the support home page and when you click on the contact support option it just highlights and does nothing. Has anybody had any luck fixing this?
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    I was able to chat with someone today but I have to contact them on Monday since it has to be escalated and they couldn't help me today. A week and can't download from PFFCU either. Nothing like entering transactions manually! :(
  • xholysmokes
    xholysmokes Member ✭✭
    Spoke to support today, at first they told me to contact PFFCU in which I said that won't help. They collected logs and told me the logs only show the issue happening today and that I would need to wait another 24-48 hours, try again, then contact quicken support again. I asked to escalate to team that handles the bank integrations, this type of issue should not be sitting on tier 1 service desk. Not sure why the onus is being put on me when this issue is customer-wide, not effecting 1 person. If someone from Quicken can escalate this internally that would be appreciated - ticket is 8573172.
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    I spoke with Support today and they are currently working on my issue and had me try several things - they have escalated this and will get back to me as I had to get off the phone. I'll keep you posted if they fix it.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Feb0593 Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear our escalation team is working on it. :)

-Quicken Anja

• DFalc
    DFalc Member
    I am having the same issue as well. Been going crazy for the past few hours. Please keep us updated for those that get some results.

I even tried downloading the transactions in a quicken file, but quicken wouldn't take that file either.
  • xholysmokes
    xholysmokes Member ✭✭
    Hey everyone, looks like its fixed now. Was prompted to enter security code twice (2FA) but Quicken is now downloading my transactions. Hope everyone else is good now too.
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately I have to deactivate and re-activate each time I want to download transactions
  • sau
    sau Member
    message for xholysmokes
    How did you resolve your issue with Police and Fire FCU. Ever since they updated their software 3 weeks ago, I cannot download transactions. It is not a Quicken issue but rather a PFFCU isse. I called PFFCU and they said there is no fix to this problem as they will not allow 3rd party access tomorrow. Please help ?
  • Feb0593
    Feb0593 Member ✭✭
    This has been resolved for me either by Quicken (most likely) or PFFCU (probably not since they never believe it's their issue). I have been able to download since the 12th of May - and now I do not have deactivate and re-activate - you may have to the 1st time if you are still having the issue.
  • GreggS48
    GreggS48 Member ✭✭
    This was the tactic that solved my problem "If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?" mentioned by @Quicken Anja on May 5.