Incorrectly entering payment change

Mike Frey
Mike Frey Member ✭✭
When I make a change to an already setup payment on the BofA web site and resync the account. Quicken for Mac enters this as a new payment and does not update the existing payment. Quicken for windows does this correctly.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Mike Frey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

Also, since the updated payment gets added as a new payment instead of updating the existing one, have you tried to see if it will allow you to delete the existing payment instead?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mike Frey
    Mike Frey Member ✭✭
    Thank you for getting back.

I am using Version 6.2.0 (Build 602.38882.100) on macOS 11.3.1. I am using Direct Connect to BofA.

Quicken blocked the deletion of the original payment because it is Bill Pay payment. I was able to unlock the payment with command-option-Delete, set the transaction to Manual, and then deleted it.

Regards,
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hello @Mike Frey

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 
     https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 
     -Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.