How can I initiate a Zillow update of a property's value???

Hi! I was in Quicken when all of a sudden a "clock" showed up on the left of one of my properties, and clicked it. It asked me if I would like to update the value of my home through Zillow. It had the wrong address tied to the actual property (my fault), but I went ahead with it anyway because I thought it was kind of cool. It updated the property (so, wrong address so wrong amount), but I was pretty excited by this feature.

Can someone tell me how I can initiate this on my own at any point? I know I can do it manually, but I thought that was very cool. I have three homes in Zillow with the mortgage also linked. Would really like to know how I can initiate this again on the fly so Quicken will update with the latest Zillow values... thank you!!!

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What your upgrade did, in reality, was to unlock the Premium features that had already been installed ... but weren't visible/usable because they hadn't been paid for.
    There's no file conversion, because it's really the same program.
    You shouldn't have any issues.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the top of your HOUSE account, is there not a Zillow update button?

• ToddJ
    ToddJ Member ✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    At the top of your HOUSE account, is there not a Zillow update button?

Hi, thank you for responding. No, it doesn't show up. I have Quicken Deluxe, totally updated. I installed it about 6 months ago and have been using it ever since. All three properties were created by clicking the + at the top, and then selecting the third option, "Other Assets and Liabilities," and then "Home, Rental Property," and then I added all the necessary details, address, and tied it to the respective mortgage, etc.

But no, that does not show up at the top there. Is this an add-in, or do I have a version of Quicken that maybe doesn't have it? I mean, it DID ask me that one time, but there was a little clock that showed up to the left of it in the list of all my accounts, and when I clicked it, it then asked me if I wanted to update then... but I don't see that anywhere... would love to have that though! It's something I have to do manually right now... any thoughts?

Thank you!!!
  • R Hoeffner
    R Hoeffner Member
    The button shows up for me, but I've never gotten it to work. It seems to try once - then appears to break and will do nothing at all anymore. I know this doesn't help you, but it might be helpful to know that it seems to be a feature that's not really developed very well. I still do mine manually.
  • ToddJ
    ToddJ Member ✭✭
    GOT IT!!! I just found this:

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-zillow-integration-quicken-windows-2017

Looks like the version of Quicken that I have (Deluxe) does not support the Zillow feature... hahah, odd that it showed up for me that one time... so strange.

That said, I didn't realize that I didn't have the premium version when I bought it. I do like that feature, plus I also run a side hustle as the tax people call it, and also have a property rental, so I think I may just go buy the premium. I wonder if I can upgrade?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ToddJ

Thank you for your response and the additional details. You can upgrade at any time.

How do I upgrade or downgrade my membership plan?

You can manage your Quicken membership in the My Account section of Quicken.com. When you log in with your Quicken ID (email address), go to the Subscriptions section and select Manage Subscription. 

Quicken Subscription Membership FAQs

You can upgrade at any time during your subscription term, but no more than once every 30 days.

Also, an upgrade applies immediately and prorates the remaining value of your original subscription, and adds it as additional time to your new, upgraded subscription.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • ToddJ
    ToddJ Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @ToddJ
    >
    > Thank you for your response and the additional details. You can upgrade at any time.How do I upgrade or downgrade my membership plan?
    > I hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thanks, I went ahead and upgraded to premium last night. It wasn't much more, and seemed to have a lot of additional features that will help me track my various quasi-business-related expenses... so I went for it.

I have downloaded the file, but I haven't tried to install it yet, but I'm hoping it'll be a seamless upgrade and that I don't have to redo all of my information... but I'll do that if necessary.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What your upgrade did, in reality, was to unlock the Premium features that had already been installed ... but weren't visible/usable because they hadn't been paid for.
    There's no file conversion, because it's really the same program.
    You shouldn't have any issues.

• ToddJ
    ToddJ Member ✭✭
    Thanks NotACPA, and Quicken_Tyka, I appreciate the responses. This is excellent! Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.