Cleared transactions do not download - Red River FCU - tried Web Connect OL-221

Q Version R33.22, Windows 10, Red River Federal Credit Union, Express Web Connect, six quicken accounts
Recently I have encountered difficulties, I have transactions which I know are cleared but they don't download to Q using One Step Update. The on-line balance downloads correctly but not transactions. The One Step Update Summary shows 6 accounts updated, zero new transactions.
I have deactivated and reactived the accounts - no transactions download to Q using One Step Update.
I do not receive an error message.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @David Zigler,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    Quicken version R33.22

I followed your directions and then attempted an OSU. I have one cleared transaction at my FI and it did not download.

Prior to your response I reset my Quicken Cloud Data in the Mobile and Web tab and then did a OSU. The OSU reported one new transaction but did not set a flag on the account, and it didn't enter a "C" in the status column.

When I do a OSU I use Express Web Connect and if I understand correctly that means that I am not connecting directly to my FI. Instead Express Web Connect uses Quicken servers to download transactions to my desktop Quicken, do you suppose there is a delay between FI clearing a transaction and Quicken servers having that data.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    @David Zigler Thank you for providing an update and additional information.

Delays can happen sometimes (though this is uncommon) depending on when the transaction was posted on the bank's side vs how soon you're initiating the OSU after it was posted, although if a delay occurs, it should not be longer than 24 hours.

Have you tried deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now)?

If not, then please follow the instructions found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    Anja,
    Thanks for you help. I was able to down load transactions this morning.
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome! And thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear it's working now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Hello Anja,

I'm back

Now I am able to download SOME transactions using OSU but not all cleared transactions.

For instance I did an online transfer from a Savings Account to a Checking Account early this morning. According to my FI an online transfer occurs immediately and the transaction appears as cleared.

But the transaction did not download.

Then I followed the directions you provided and deactivated online services for all six accounts. Then I logged out of Quicken and logged back in and reactivated all six accounts. Performed an OSU, no transactions downloaded but the Online Balance reflects the transfer along with some other cleared transactions.

Where should I go from here?

I just noticed that there is an Update available, maybe it will fix my problem.

[email removed - privacy]
  • David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    False alarm concerning Update, even though OSU Summary is reporting an update available clicking on the Update button results in a "Quicken is currently up to date"
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Zigler said: Quicken version R33.22
    I followed your directions and then attempted an OSU. I have one cleared transaction at my FI and it did not download.
    What is the exact name of the bank setup in Quicken that you are having these on/off downloading issues ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    Red River FCU
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red River FCU

Have you read the announcement at the top of the Home page about current download issues from multiple credit unions???

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    Yes I have. I don’t receive an error code and the OSU completes as normal but some transactions don’t download.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Red River FCU
    just sharing - there are actually two entries -
    and offer both the One Step Update via the Express Web Connect -
    BUT also offer the manual downloading called Web Connect which is performed from the CU online website
    16854    16854    16854    Red River FCU    http://www.rrfcu.com/    1-800-822-3317    https://secure.rrfcu.com/rrfcu/uux.aspx#/login    ACTIVE        
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 
    56283    56283    56283    Red River FCU - OK    https://www.redriverfcu.com/    580-482-7965    https://www.shareteccu.com/redrivercu    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• David Zigler
    David Zigler Member ✭✭
    My FI is rrfcu.com the other Red River FCU is in Oklahoma.

I have attempted a Web Connect, the data file appears in my download file but clicking on it results in a "Quicken OL-221-A Quicken is unable to complete your request" error.

When I activate accounts for online services Express Web Connect is the default and there is no way to change it that I see.
  • John Niemeyer
    John Niemeyer Member ✭✭
    I am seeing this problem with OSU with my online savings account at Barclays. Cleared transactions are not shown as cleared for all of February. Quicken version is latest.