One Step Update "An error has occurred" message - indeed!

TrapperCOS
TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
Over the past several days when using the One Step Update and Update Transactions on my Air Academy Federal Credit Union checking account I have been getting "an error has occurred" with no error code. I have gone to the on-line services and de-activated the account and then re-activated it. I WAS able to download the recent transactions, but unfortunately when I try it again, the error message continues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @TrapperCOS

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Tony Fong
    Tony Fong Member ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Schwab, Fidelity and Vanguard accounts were experiencing this on every One Step Update. After a few days, the errors went away and all was good for a week. Just a few minutes ago, it happened again. Same accounts. Previously, I had also tried to reset the accounts and deactivate/reactivate with no success. If this was a corrupt file or something, why would it start working again? Seems like something else at work here to me.
  • Tony Fong
    Tony Fong Member ✭✭✭
    I found an R28.18 build on my laptop and installed it. It's from last August. It seems to take a little longer to update, but my errors are gone now. I think I will stay on this release for a while.
  • TrapperCOS
    TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco:
    I created a new test file according to your instructions and the error did NOT appear in the new file. I read through the Step 4: "Copy your file and validate" and the "validate" process does not appear to apply to my situation. I am not experiencing one of the listed issues; the steps will not help. Do you have any other suggestions? :#
  • BMW
    BMW Member
    For the last several days all One Step Updates with Vanguard return "an error has occurred" with no error code. I get the same result if I individually update each of my accounts. I have reset the accounts but no success.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • FedUpRich
    FedUpRich Member ✭✭
    Same here and today it started happening with fidelity accounts too. Fidelity and Vanguard say it's a Quicken problem and quicken says it's a financial institution problem.
  • TrapperCOS
    TrapperCOS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • FedUpRich
    FedUpRich Member ✭✭
    Since April, I'm also receiving the message "an error has occurred" : when performing a one step update of my Vanguard accounts. It also occurs when I attempt to update then individually. I've sent several help requests from within Quicken from help/report a problem and have received no feedback. There was a time when Quicken actually responded when there was a reported trouble. Guess, like everything else, those days are over. This is getting beyond frustrating. Right now, I'm really regretting moving away from Excel spreadsheets and manual entry 15 years ago.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    FedUpRich said:
    Since April, I'm also receiving the message "an error has occurred" : when performing a one step update of my Vanguard accounts. It also occurs when I attempt to update then individually. I've sent several help requests from within Quicken from help/report a problem and have received no feedback. There was a time when Quicken actually responded when there was a reported trouble. Guess, like everything else, those days are over. This is getting beyond frustrating. Right now, I'm really regretting moving away from Excel spreadsheets and manual entry 15 years ago.

The Help -> Report a problem is a way to send a problem to the developers, but it isn't a path to get responses.  It even says so:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.