quarterly vs monthly bills

Quicken thinks one of my bill is monthly but is really quarterly. How can I fix this?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you set up that bill in the first place?
    My example is actually an income item ,,, but bills are set up the exact same way.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• edddddddd
    edddddddd Member ✭✭
    That looks familiar. The problem is I set it up wrong. I can't find a screen that let's me correct it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @edddddddd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.
    edddddddd said:
    That looks familiar. The problem is I set it up wrong. I can't find a screen that let's me correct it.
    To edit the bill reminder schedule, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and open the dropdown menu in the Action column for the bill reminder in question. Then select Edit this instance and all future instances as shown below.

This will open the Edit Bill Reminder window. In there, click on (change) next to the Due next on: field (see below).

From there, change the How often: field to Quarterly (see below).

Click OK, then Done.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• edddddddd
    edddddddd Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That is the information I was looking for, but I am not able to activate the ACTION column. In fact I am not able to activate any of the 4 tabs (BILLER, CURRENT BILL, LAST PAYMENT, ACTION).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @edddddddd  OK, more info is needed at this point to assist you.
    What Q product are you running, what BUILD of that product and what's your "Membership Valid Thru" date?  This info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Also, in the particular account, try clicking the Gear  icon to the far right, across from your account name and click "Register Columns'.  "Action buttons" can be checked at the bottom of that list.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edddddddd said:
    Thanks. That is the information I was looking for, but I am not able to activate the ACTION column. In fact I am not able to activate any of the 4 tabs (BILLER, CURRENT BILL, LAST PAYMENT, ACTION).

You don't "activate" any of the four tabs (column headers).
    What you need to do is to select the Payee Name (Biller Name) you wish to change (in the example below, AAA) so it's highlighted. Now you can click on the triangle next to "Enter" in the Action column, to get the popup.
    Here, finally, you can select "Edit this instance and all future instances".
    This takes you to the Edit Bill Reminder dialog, as described above, where you can change the reminder.

• edddddddd
    edddddddd Member ✭✭
    Thanks UKR. My dropdown window looks like this.

I think that is because this is a bill instead of a reminder.
    I may be concerned about nothing. I was looking into this because several times a month I get an email from my water company saying someone has logged into my account. I assume it is Quicken trying to get an update. I was thinking that if Quicken knew that the bill came quarterly it would not happen so often, but maybe it is best to just let things be.
  • edddddddd
    edddddddd Member ✭✭
    notacpa, My version number is R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12, valid through 11/22/2021.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @edddddddd Thank you for the additional information.

Based on the screenshot you provided; this particular bill reminder appears to be an Online biller, in which case you would not be able to manually update the schedule the way you would with a manual bill reminder (as described in my previous response). Instead, the schedule that would be shown and updated in Quicken is provided directly by the biller based on the information that they send through the servers.

However, since you are currently still running version release R32.12; I do recommend that you update your Quicken program to the latest version release; R33.24 and see if doing so may help resolve this schedule issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R33.24 Mondo Patch through this support article

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.