Paycheck Auto Update

Options
Every time i set up the paycheck reminder on the date that its meant to drop into my register, the wrong (outdated) paycheck drops in to my register instead. Even after running a validation and then a super validation of the quicken file. Does anyone else have this problem, and how can I fix it?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Henry112,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file first in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file again, but in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              If Quicken reports an error when creating the Copy file, then hold Ctrl + Shift while you click File > File Operations > Copy. When prompted to "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click Yes. Note: Only do this if you receive an error as this may cause some data loss.
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate again in the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Henry112
    Henry112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    HI thank you for your reply. I appreciate how promptly you’ve responded.

Regrettably I have tried both validating and super validating with the help of your support team following the instructions you provided but the issue still persists.

For what is worth, ever since Quicken split away from Intuit, there has been issues with the pay check set up. I’m not suggesting its anything to do with the split, but more to explain the time it first started. Its improved a bit with the upgrades since, but this one issue still exists but it’s a big one.

Also, while I have you. When I make a reoccurring payment to my bank, in the Quicken register upon downloading transactions it makes duplicate entries. One that you can’t delete or change without it communicating to the bank to change or cancel the payment, which I don’t want to do, while the other correctly drops in the transaction, shows it as cleared and allows me to assign the right category for the payment (with some payments that are memorized It assigns the category automatically). I could delete this one, but it doesn’t solve the problem, and even if I did, I can’t modify the other entry at all including not being able to assign it to any category.

Once the date of the payment passes so for a payment dated for 5/17, today it has automatically cleaning it up and now has just one the payment.

This creates confusion as double entries in the register leads to confusion over exact/planned balances making managing finances difficult.

Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Henry112

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

Do you use the mobile or web app at all? To confirm please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web, there will be an on-off toggle.  If the sync is enabled, can you try turning sync off to see if this improves the behavior?

As for the duplicate payment, are you using Quicken Bill Manager or Bank Bill Pay? What is the name of the bank associated with the account having this issue?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Henry112
    Henry112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi. I have switched off the Mobile/Web sync. But I wont be able to advise if the problem exists until the end of the month. I'll confirm one way or another then.

As for duplicate payments - I use Bank Bill Pay. So i sent up reoccurring payments at my bank directly.
    The bank i use is Bank of America.
  • Henry112
    Henry112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another issue - "transferring Shares from one Investment Account to Another"

When i transfer shares or assets from one brokerage account to another - it sometimes splits the number of assets making is very hard (impossible) to track and reconcile. For instance - I transferred 0.53575181 units of an asset from one account on May 25th. Once entered i noticed i entered the wrong date and switched it to may 8th. But it registered a new transaction in the other (transferring account) and didn't delete the original one. therefore it lef double the amount of the asset transferred in the receiving account.
  • Henry112
    Henry112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Exact problem with Paycheck STILL exists. The register shows the automatic entry 3 days in advance correctly. Then on the day of the deposit when i run an update it changes the correct entry for a totally different and incorrect one (one that i entered as a one off about 18 months ago). i have deleted this entry many, many times. There is clearly a bug in your code and it needs to be fixed asap. This can't go on......
  • David H. Burrola
    David H. Burrola Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. When downloading my paycheck, along with new transactions and the match takes place, the auto-reconcile kicks in when I click done after all new transactions are accepted, but reconciliation goes crazy when there are paychecks included. Then I go to check the register and paychecks are screwed, repeated paychecks appear, balance goes crazy. This has been the case since October 2021 to today 6/9/2022. I am getting tired of having to remove, use my own external solutions (I am a VBA programmer) to do my own reconciliation and realize what changed from previous download. You guys should know better than us and pay attention to all these issues as they are recurring, getting old and based on the types of issues, customers are not very happy with the app since it moved out from Intuit.
This discussion has been closed.