Dropped transactions importing web connect file QFX

fmaguire
fmaguire Member
When I import a web connect file from my bank, Quicken will state "Processing 9 transactions" and I will get 7 (something<9). If I open the file with a text editor, it looks fine. There is nothing to distinguish the dropped transactions. There is no error message. This is a repeating occurrence. Quicken Premier for Mac 6.2.1
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @fmaguire,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried downloading and importing a new .QFX file with the same date range to see if it will bring in the 2 missing transactions? If not, I suggest trying that first. 

The transactions that did initially download from the first import should not be duplicated after importing the new .QFX file. However, if you want to be safe, you can also save a backup of your data file first before importing the new .QFX file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @fmaguire

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing. I'm wondering what might be causing the import to not bring in those extra two transactions. I believe in this case it would be useful to see if in a test file we're able to import the transactions properly.

You can make the new file by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. Once you've done this try importing your recent file into the program like you  normally would and see if you're able to get the correct amount of transactions.

Once you get the chance let us know how it goes!  Depending what you're able to find out we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• craigeryjohn
    craigeryjohn Member ✭✭
    I've had the same issue for several months. I'm a very skilled Quicken user, been using program for 15 years or so, validations and supervalidations come back OK.

Importing QFX files across my 5 different quicken files will truncate the first week or so of the month of transactions. If I open same QFX in notepad, I can clearly see the transactions there. It's just for some reason Quicken won't import the first week of the month.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @craigeryjohn. It sounds like you are using Quicken Windows? This thread was create din a Quicken Mac category. If you are using Windows, reply back and a moderator can move this thread to a Windows section of the forum where you can hopefully get some help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.