Delete "Add Account" Request

I requested to add an account, then decided not to. A window keeps coming asking if I want to add an account. I ask to cancel the request, and it asks if I want to cancel, I say yes, then it comes back two times and asks the same thing. After the third time it disappears and the site is synched. How do I get it from keep asking if I want to add an account and asking me if I want to cancel the request?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening during a One Step Update or a Web Connect file import?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rainey841
    rainey841 Member ✭✭
    It happens at Update and Web Connect
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an indication that there is something in the download that thinks there is an account in the d/l that is not in Quicken, so Quicken is offering to create it.  
    I'd make a Quicken Backup and then let it create the new account to see what it creates.  You can always restore the backup afterwards to return to your starting state.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rainey841
    rainey841 Member ✭✭
    I tried to add the account, the response was “Don’t add to Quicken”
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation as well as the downloaded data and the download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support: