Fifth Third bank billing

I'm getting an error with 53 Trio Mastercard in Quicken's Bills & Income.  One step update shows my bills updated successfully but Quicken's bill section shows there is a "Sign in problem" with a "fix it" link.  Clicking the "fix it" link flashes a "please wait while Quicken updates your Fifth Third bill" dialog box but nothing else.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @twarner1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about our issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja,
    I'm using Quicken deluxe R32.12 on Windows 10.
    I already tried the validation process with no improvement.  I did it again and received the following:

Still have the "Sign in problem" non functional "fix it" link.
    However, all four of my Fifth Third accounts download transactions and show the proper online balance.
  • Quicken Anja
    @twarner1 Thank you for the additional information.

Since you are currently still running version release R32.12, next, I recommend updating your Quicken program to the latest version release; R33.22 and see if doing so will help resolve this issue.

To update, please navigate to Help > Check for updates, or you can download and install the R33.22 Mondo Patch through this support article. If the issue still persists after updating your program, then please try Validating Online billers once again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Anja,
    I updated with the Mondo patch.  The problem still exists.  I re-validated online billers and received the same "Validation is complete. Local bills are in sync with the server" message.  Clicking the "fix it" link does nothing but produce a short lived "please wait while Quicken updates your fifth third bank bill..." dialog box.
    FYI, Just prior to this Mondo patch, I signed out and signed back into quicken via preferences\"quicken ID & Cloud Accounts" due to another issue on this forum.  It looks like that did nothing to solve my problems.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    I tried to remove the biller "Trio Mstercard" associated with the error.  However, Quicken tells me it can't delete it because there is a pending payment.  I've checked everything I can and can't find any pending payments associated with Trio.
  • Quicken Anja
    @twarner1 Thanks for the update and additional information, though I apologize for the delay in my response.

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file by following the instructions provided below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file before performing these steps (just in case). 

Validate
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair
    4. Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair
    4. Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Once that is done, try Validating Online billers again and see if it will then allow you to remove and re-add the biller.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your help.  I did as you asked and their was no change to my errors.  They still exist as before.  I am now on version R33.24.  The dialog after super validating showed no significant errors.  After trying your suggestions I tried a ctrl-shift validate online billers.  It produced a schedtx.txt file on my desktop.  The fifth Third Bank entry was the only entry that had an "Isimplicit: 1" entry.  All other entries stated "Isimplicit: 0"
  • Quicken Anja
    edited June 2021
    @twarner1 Thank you for your response, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you Anja,
    A CR at Quicken was able to resolve my issue by adding another online bill from Fifth Third Bank, refreshing the new bill, associating it with my Fifth Third credit card account, validating the billers, and  removing the old bill.  It all happened pretty fast so the order of events might not be exact but making a new bill was the key.  Where Quicken wouldn't allow me to remove the bill with "fix it" before, it now let me remove it.  I hope this can help someone else.
This discussion has been closed.