Matching Transactions (Q Mac)

Options
SRC1954
SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
It seemed to me that in the Windows version, one could unmatch a downloaded transaction and rematch it, but I cannot find a way to do this in the Mac version. Am I missing something?

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello @SRC1954,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To unmatch a transaction in Quicken for Mac; hold the Control key on your keyboard and click on the transaction you wish to unmatch. Then, let go of the Control key, and click the option for Unmatch TransactionThis will now separate the downloaded transaction from the manual entry transaction that it was matched to.

For instructions on how to match transactions, please refer to this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks loads. I just now figured out that I can drag a downloaded unmatched transaction to the one I want to match it with. I think it would be more intuitive to right click and see the choice to unmatch it instead of using control key. I know it was more intuitive before in Windows version.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    SRC1954 said:
    I think it would be more intuitive to right click and see the choice to unmatch it instead of using control key. I know it was more intuitive before in Windows version.
    On a Mac, Control-clicking something is the equivalent of a right click on Windows. Many Mac applications have actions with Control-click. (You can configure most Apple mice, non-Apple two-button mice mice, and trackpads, to have a Right-click-type action. Visit the Mac System Preferences > Mouse to explore configurations.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the Mac!

• Louisa
    Louisa Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am unable to stop matching. The above method using control key or right click does not get me a "unmatch" option. Driving me nuts.
This discussion has been closed.