R 34.13: How do I restore pdf statements from online billers?

PSJCal
PSJCal Member ✭✭
QknP R34.13
The error message "Your PDF statement is not available at this time. Please try again later." has returned. I reported this problem prior to the update to R34.13 & w/assistance -- I had to validate linked acc'ts -- I repaired the issue. The recent update caused this issue to return. The validate linked acc'ts is no longer available in this new version, instead there is "Review and Repair" w/3 options. I have tried all 3 w/o success. Data has been copied & validated w/o error.

BTW the option to unlink acc'ts is no longer available.

TIA any ideas on how to fix.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @PSJCal,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest Validating Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Validate Online billers in the dropdown menu.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    The image shown is no longer available in the new release; it is now "Review and Repair." There are 3 options in the dropdown & one of the options is "Review and Repair online billers." When I click on the review & repair the message is: "Validation complete. Local bills are in sync with the server."

This is the 2nd time I have experienced this problem. The 1st time, in the prior release, the validation unlinked many of my online bills but after relinking them all online statements were restored. I attempted unlinking several acc'ts this time but this option is no longer available with R34.13. Under "Manage online billers" the dropdown offers changing the name or removing the biller.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @PSJCal Thank you for the additional information.

May I ask; Have you tried removing the biller completely, and then re-adding it? If not, I suggest trying that next and see if that helps.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    Before I received your suggestion I had read a post re: lost reports in R34.14 so I uninstalled Qkn & reinstalled. This fixed reports but resulted in the loss of all linked billers. I relinked all but now have NO pdf statements.

I then deleted a biller as suggested (biller had a pdf statements previously), added, relinked but still no pdf statement.
  • PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    The Settings in R34.14 are now the same as the image posted 6/22.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't used Online Bills in quite a while now, but as I remember it the PDFs were picked up as they were posted, at least in most biller cases.  As such you never got the "history of PDFs".  Given that they were lost I think they are lost forever.

As a side note I was never able to even determine exactly where these PDFs are stored.  It doesn't seem like they are stored in the data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    Not all linked billers have pdf statements. 1 credit card does 1 doesn't, both gas & electric do, cable does, 1 cell co does 1 does not, etc. However for those that do it is a major convenience to d/l statement from qkn w/o having to go to biller's website so I do miss this option.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear what I was saying is that I don't think they will refetch the old PDFs that were lost.

But it should get the new ones as they come in, provided they got them in the past.
    Signature:
  • PSJCal
    PSJCal Member ✭✭
    Sorry, I did misunderstand. Yes, I am aware old statements are gone once a biller needs to be relinked as this has occurred in the past. However once relinked, statements for bills that have yet to be paid are available & new statements become available soon after posted. There is no indication that any of these acc'ts have attached pdf statements.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well for new statements not being downloaded, well I think for that you would have to work with Quicken support for each individual biller.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PSJCal

Thank you for reporting this issue to the community, although I apologize that the provided steps have failed to resolved this behavior.

This issue has been reported to our teams for further investigation and we would like to add your information to the open ticket.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".  In the window that opens, enter "CTP-2417" in the subject line, select the box for each file listed and when ready click on Send to Quicken.

This information will be used by our teams to assist in their investigation.  Once the report has been sent, please just reply here to let us know.

Thank you,

Sarah

(CTP-2417)
This discussion has been closed.