American Express Error 503/103 (Windows and Mac) [Edited]

MaconTime
MaconTime Member ✭✭
I've been downloading my American Express transactions for years. Over this past week I've started getting Error 503 on the downloads. Is there a fix?

Best Answers

• jg1126
    jg1126 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been getting an error (502) for the past couple of days on all Amex accounts, still not working 9:30am Wed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello Everyone,

We are currently seeing a surge in users who are having issues updating their Amex accounts. We are looking to collect more information to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. If you haven't already please  go across the top of Quicken to Help > Report a problem so we're able to submit logs of the issue. In the subject line put Amex CC-503/103 and also please include all logs (This should be selected by default). Once you've done so please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware and are further investigating this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Tushar Talele
    Tushar Talele Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the same error as well since yesterday. Hoping this is a temporary thing.
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello @Tushar Talele

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with American express. Do you know the exact day you started experiencing the issue? Has anything in your account recently changed that could cause error? Another thing here is have you taken a look at the CC-503 article just yet? If not I would recommend seeing trying the recommended steps to start off. I will leave the article down 

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-503

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I got this error with Amex at about 6am this morning with multiple retries and failures. Just tried again now (1pm) and no error, successful download. Steps of the article done and didn't solve the issue this morning. This is an intermittent issue on Amex's end (Direct Connect).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Camelot_One
    Camelot_One Member ✭✭
    I am still getting an error on all of our Amex accounts. (2 different user logins)
  • jg1126
    jg1126 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I have been getting an error (502) for the past couple of days on all Amex accounts, still not working 9:30am Wed.
  • RickO
    Update: while it worked last night for me, I'm getting the error again this morning. Seems like an intermittent server problem with Amex.
  • MaconTime
    MaconTime Member ✭✭
    Worked for me yesterday (6/29/2021) and then failed this morning (6/30/2021). I hit retry and it worked. I've had the issue for about a week
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Hello Everyone,

We are currently seeing a surge in users who are having issues updating their Amex accounts. We are looking to collect more information to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. If you haven't already please  go across the top of Quicken to Help > Report a problem so we're able to submit logs of the issue. In the subject line put Amex CC-503/103 and also please include all logs (This should be selected by default). Once you've done so please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • RickO
    Logs and screenshot submitted.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Our teams are aware and are further investigating this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to reset my connection and get this:

• Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: July 1 I was able to reset Direct Connect!
  • Kevin Miller
    Kevin Miller Member ✭✭✭
    AMEX download working for me today.
This discussion has been closed.