Zillow Zestimate for condo

RK
RK Member ✭✭
When searching my condo building I get 10 results even though the building has many more units.  Each of the ten results looks the exact same, "RR106, 2 BR" with no unit numbers present.

How do I search for a Zestimate on a condo building?

When I include the unit/apt number exactly as it is on Zillow I get "Sorry, could not find this property in Zillow."  When I search without the unit/apt number I get 10 identical results.  I am moving from one condo to another so I have tried this on two buildings with the same results.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @RK

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @RK

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RonSeattle
    RonSeattle Member
    I have the exact same issue with Quicken not finding the right condo unit. Quicken used to work well and find the correct unit, but then the Zillow functionality broke with one of the updates a few months ago. I read that the Zillow functionality was restored in a more recent update so I add this back. The Zillow estimate works fine for my house but I get the same error as noted by RK, no matter how I enter the condo unit number, the Zillow estimate shows it as "RR106, 2 BR". Since I am sure I am adding a different address than RK, that appears to be a symptomatic error in Quicken's implementation of Zillow. As noted above, this Zillow estimate worked fine with an earlier version. One other issue that has always happened when using the Zillow estimate, fairly often when doing the Zillow estimate update, Quicken will crash and shut down. I have not lost data because of this but it happens fairly often...RonSeattle
  • RK
    RK Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestion, but the exact same thing happens in the test file as requested.

Is there another way to enter my address to gain a Zillow estimate in my net worth?

Thank you for patience, we moved two day after your post and I missed it.

> @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @RK
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about
    > your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm
    > wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help
    > trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a
    > better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you
    > can find it on the third step on the article.
    >
    >  https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
    >
    > Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find
    > out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Francisco
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Any updates on this? I'm having the exact same issue with my condo
  • RK
    RK Member ✭✭
    No change and no solution, but somehow the moderator's troubleshooting step (set up a test file and see if the problem persists) is now the "Accepted Answer" when the problem does persist in the test file. I don't know how that happened but I also cannot unmark it so I marked it as "unhelpful."
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    RK said:
    No change and no solution, but somehow the moderator's troubleshooting step (set up a test file and see if the problem persists) is now the "Accepted Answer" when the problem does persist in the test file. I don't know how that happened but I also cannot unmark it so I marked it as "unhelpful."
    this is what I'm worried about; people are acting like this is solved, including at least one supermod. It is not. It seems like maybe this bug is now just persisting for addresses with more than one independent property contained within (i.e., condominium buildings)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @Rk and @KnnNike

I apologize for not responding sooner here. I'm wondering here if you two have taken a look at this FAQ from one of the superusers over Zillow not loading? If not I'll leave a link down below to see if we're able to get it back up and running.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868444/zestimate-not-working-for-quicken-windows#latest

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if they help you resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @Rk and @KnnNike

I apologize for not responding sooner here. I'm wondering here if you two have taken a look at this FAQ from one of the superusers over Zillow not loading? If not I'll leave a link down below to see if we're able to get it back up and running.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868444/zestimate-not-working-for-quicken-windows#latest

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if they help you resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Yes, I have tried these steps repeatedly. I've also tried doing a clean install of Quicken, saved a copy of my Quicken file, etc. etc.

I notice that the example in that link is for a single family house. In my case, if I include my unit #, it says "Property not found". If I use the street address only, then 10 results appear (even though my building has 66 condos), and all 10 of them return a "Zestimate not available" message.

My unit is indeed on Zillow and has a Zestimate, so this is clearly a software bug. And it seems like it might be specific to multi-unit addresses.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @KnnNike

Thanks for letting me know. If you wouldn't mind could you message me the address of the Condo? I'd like to see if I'm also able to replicate the issue you're having. You should be able to do so by clicking on my profile picture then selecting message.

If you are able to I will take a deeper look and see what I'm able to find!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    @KnnNike

Thanks for letting me know. If you wouldn't mind could you message me the address of the Condo? I'd like to see if I'm also able to replicate the issue you're having. You should be able to do so by clicking on my profile picture then selecting message.

If you are able to I will take a deeper look and see what I'm able to find!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
    This is super frustrating. Clicking on your profile picture only presents me with an option to "View Profile". Then on your profile page there is no "Message" option, only a public comment area.

I also click "Messages" in the upper right of the site and then the "New message" icon. An error page comes up "you don't have permission to do that".

Ughhhh, what is going on?
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited June 2021
    @KnnNike

Thanks for letting me know. I've sent you a message that you should be able to reply to in order to. You should see it in the top right of your community page on the message icon to the left of your profile icon. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• RK
    RK Member ✭✭
    I am in the same boat as KnnNike, I saw that very FAQ before posting and posted this question because it does not seem to be fixed as the FAQ claims. I am also in a condominium and at the time I posted was moving from one condo to the next and neither my old condo nor my new condo provide results in the Zillow lookup via Quicken.

Yes, I have also uninstalled Quicken, reinstalled Quicken, used a new data file, everything I can think of to 'reset' the situation and it just does not work.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Hello @RK and @KnnNike

Thanks for letting us know.  I've looked and see the error as well on my end. After further looking it is something we're aware of and working on but could use some more information on the issue. If you could report a problem so that we're able to collect more information. In the subject line you'll want to put Zestimate. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @RK and @KnnNike

Thanks for letting us know.  I've looked and see the error as well on my end. After further looking it is something we're aware of and working on but could use some more information on the issue. If you could report a problem so that we're able to collect more information. In the subject line you'll want to put Zestimate. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
    Done, thank you!
  • RK
    RK Member ✭✭
    > Hello @RK and @KnnNike
    >
    > Thanks for letting us know.  I've looked and see the error as well on my end. After further looking it is something we're aware of and working on but could use some more information on the issue. If you could report a problem so that we're able to collect more information. In the subject line you'll want to put Zestimate. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

Francisco, Thank you for looking into this. I thought I had reported a problem by opening this case on the user forum. What other way can I report a problem?
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    RK said:
    > Hello @RK and @KnnNike
    >
    > Thanks for letting us know.  I've looked and see the error as well on my end. After further looking it is something we're aware of and working on but could use some more information on the issue. If you could report a problem so that we're able to collect more information. In the subject line you'll want to put Zestimate. 
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Quicken Francisco

Francisco, Thank you for looking into this. I thought I had reported a problem by opening this case on the user forum. What other way can I report a problem?
    I think he means the "Report a Problem" setting under the Help menu in the software
  • RK
    RK Member ✭✭
    > @KnnNike said:
    > I think he means the "Report a Problem" setting under the Help menu in the software

@KnnNike: Thank you. I have never noticed that was there as it is not the part of the software that I use. I have now Reported my first Problem since I started using Quicken to escape Andrew Tobias's Managing Your Money (MYM) for DOS v9 when they released the Windows version.
  • Billy Pan
    Billy Pan Member ✭✭
    Has anybody heard back from Quicken on any updates on this issue? I'm still having the exact same problem for my condo unit for almost a year now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Billy Pan,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in April of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.