Illegal Operation in Triangle MasterCard Account (Canada)

sb8301450-misc
sb8301450-misc Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in All Things Canadian (Windows)
This issue happens almost every day. I reset the cloud and it goes away.

Then when i put in new entries to my Triangle MasterCard account and then shut down quicken, I get an illegal operation again.

I only seem to get this with my Triangle account and rebuilding the cloud works but only temporarily.

Please advise.
SWJB

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @sb8301450-misc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the Illegal Operation error message that you are receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop a screenshot to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sb8301450-misc
    edited July 2021
    Let's start with the version, etc. Please see attached

[screenshot edited to redact email address]
    SWJB
  • sb8301450-misc
    I now have a recurrence of the problem. It shows up in another CC account.

See 2 attachments

Please note that "Applying" "fixes" in message 2 does not do anything.

Thank you.
    SWJB
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

Since you already tried doing a normal cloud reset, instead I suggest that you try manually resetting your cloud data by deleting your cloud account from a test file and then resyncing your main data file which will create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within the data file).

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps (if applicable). Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Creating a new file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue at the bottom of the window)
    5. Select the cloud account name that is used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete
    After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to How to alternate between multiple files). Once the main file opens, follow the instructions found in this support article to resync your data. If successful, sign back in on your mobile/web app(s) (if applicable). You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• sb8301450-misc
    Hi. Thanks for the instructions. I don't think I understand them though as it appears I need to manually add in all my accounts. If this is the case, this will not work for me.

Please advise.

Thank you.
    SWJB
  • Quicken Anja
    You would have to reselect your accounts to sync to the cloud. However, may I ask if you use either of the Quicken Mobile app and/or the Quicken on the Web app? 

If not, the other option would be to simply turn off Cloud Sync completely as this error is caused by the Quicken Cloud and the only purpose the Quicken Cloud serves is to transmit data to and from the desktop program and the 2 companion apps.

Let me know if turning off the Quicken Cloud is something you would like to do instead, and if needed, I can then provide instructions in order to so.

-Quicken Anja

• sb8301450-misc
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for the info. The Quicken Cloud option is definitely a bust. I'll continue to use [Removed - Solicitation] as it serves most of my needs for the online access.

In the meantime, I can see how to turn off Sync, but, I don't know how to delete all my data from the Quicken cloud.

Please advise.

Thank you.
    SWJB
  • Quicken Anja
    To delete data from the Quicken Cloud, you would need to delete the cloud account from a different data file which you can do by following the instructions I previously provided here.

Once you have deleted the cloud account, you can then proceed to turn Cloud Sync off as well (note: deleting the cloud account and turning off cloud sync does not affect your data saved within the actual data file).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• sb8301450-misc
    OK, I logged off my user ID using the Sign in as different user (in blue)

I replied yes to it and it did something.

I then logged back in with my quicken ID.

Has my data been removed from the cloud?

Thanks again for your help.
    SWJB
  • Quicken Anja
    If you still see the option for Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)  when navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts as shown in the red box below, then you will still need to go back and redo the previous steps.

However, if cloud sync has been turned off, and the bottom section of the screen is blank (see image below), then there is no further action required.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• sb8301450-misc
    Thanks for the images. I have never seen the lower part of the image (Cloud account details) on my account. Very interesting. Maybe it is because I have the Canadian edition, I don't know.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    SWJB
This discussion has been closed.