Last time I updated on my bank account Quicken added a #2 checking account of the same account

Options
How do I correct this or Merge 1 and 2

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @rtcalvin47

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is interesting. What FI are you having issues with here? Is this the first time or has this happened prior? One of the registers should have older information as well so we can find out which one is the original account.   

Once you've had a chance let us know a couple of more details we'll see what we can do in order to fix the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• kkinsey
    kkinsey Member
    Options
    I just had this same issue. It's never happened before. I Noticed that for some reason the original account only has the last 4 digits of the account # so I'm guessing when it updated it all of a sudden didn't recognize the account and assumed it to be a new account it was downloading because that has the full account #. It's never been an issue though. It won't let me edit the details on the original account now though as everything is greyed out. I don't know how to merge them together.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kkinsey If the account number and such are greyed out that is an indication that they account is still connected to an online account.  You have to deactivate the account to change it, but in reality you shouldn't have to do that.

From what you said the financial institution changed what information it is sending to Quicken for the account, so yes Quicken thinks it is a different account.  What you need to do is move any transactions that are missing in the new account from the old one and then delete the old account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/