Opening archived Quicken Files (Q Mac)

SRC1954
SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
My question is this: How do I keep an old Quicken file from 2015 or so from updating bank transactions when I open it. It seems to use my current credentials and download new transactions, but I only open them to find an old transaction.

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SRC1954,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

In order to avoid downloading new transactions, I recommend opening the file in question and deactivating all online accounts. Without any Online Connections established and set up, the accounts will no longer be able to update and download new data.

Please, refer to this support article and open the blue dropdown section titled Deactivate a Quicken for Mac account for instructions on how to deactivate the accounts. Also, please note that you will need to repeat these steps for each account individually.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Will that not deactivate them in my current file? I also can turn off WIFI when I do it so it cannot update.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Every Quicken file is separate. So no, deactivating downloads in one file will not deactivate them in another.

Disabling your Internet connection is another way to prevent downloads if you do this infrequently, but if you ever forget, then you'll still get downloads.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.