Where is Memorized Payee List? Where is the Tools Menu?

Options
BAndrews
BAndrews Member
I deleted all my payees after many many years. but now I cannot find the memorize payee option. Nor do I have the Tools dropdown on my menu bar. So I cannot repopulate the payee list. Further, I can create a quickfill rule. And It will show the payee in that window. But the Payees do not show up on the Payee list. So when I go in to enter a transaction in the Payee box the quickfill rules don't show up for the payee I enter. What Gives? This is not useful. What am I missing?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Mac, there is no special "memorized Payees" list; all Payees are "memorized." You can see a list of your Payees by going to Window > Payees & Rules.

I'm puzzled by your comment that "I deleted all my payees after many many years." How exactly did you delete them? Quicken Mac prevents you from deleting a Payee name in that window; clicking the "–" icon will hide a Payee but not delete it. Deleting a Payee would make all transactions with that Payee have no Payee.

I wonder if what you did was hide all your Payees, when you thought you were deleting them? In the Payees window, Control-click on any column heading to reveal a pop-up list of available columns; if Hidden is not checked, check it. And above the Name heading, check "Show Hidden". I'm thinking you'll see all your Payees again now. Yes?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Press CTRL+T to go to the Memorized Payee List.  But I don't understand how you can't have the Tools dropdown as I don't think there's any customization available for the menu bar.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?  
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

• BAndrews
    BAndrews Member
    Options
    Hi Thanks ....yes its a mystery Ctl T does nothing. I am on MAC and Starter if that helps V6.2.2, but I can't find any context specific advice in this regard, maybe one of you can assist.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BAndrews said:
    Hi Thanks ....yes its a mystery Ctl T does nothing. I am on MAC and Starter if that helps V6.2.2, but I can't find any context specific advice in this regard, maybe one of you can assist.

You posted in a Windows thread, which is why you're receiving QWin responses .... which make no sense to you.
    I'll flag a Mod to move this to a QMac thread.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you new to Quicken Mac (2015 and newer)?

Welcome.

Getting Started with Quicken for Mac
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2018-mac
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips with links to more information and videos

If you haven't done so already, please review these videos for more information about Quicken Mac
    https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

Help! (Quicken Mac)

Click Help / Quicken Help for additional help on Quicken functions and features.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    In Quicken Mac, there is no special "memorized Payees" list; all Payees are "memorized." You can see a list of your Payees by going to Window > Payees & Rules.

I'm puzzled by your comment that "I deleted all my payees after many many years." How exactly did you delete them? Quicken Mac prevents you from deleting a Payee name in that window; clicking the "–" icon will hide a Payee but not delete it. Deleting a Payee would make all transactions with that Payee have no Payee.

I wonder if what you did was hide all your Payees, when you thought you were deleting them? In the Payees window, Control-click on any column heading to reveal a pop-up list of available columns; if Hidden is not checked, check it. And above the Name heading, check "Show Hidden". I'm thinking you'll see all your Payees again now. Yes?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BAndrews
    BAndrews Member
    Options
    Bingo! Thanks Jacobs. That explains why sometimes they would pop up even thought they were "not there."!
This discussion has been closed.