CC-505 with Care Credit

I opened Quicken and have an update install it and then the CC-601 problem with Wells Fargo is back and now a CC-505 with Care Credit. Grate update guys!!! Will this again take a month to correct like the last time?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Too bad that you deleted the account.  Deleting an account because of a connection problem is extreme overkill and can cause issues with other accounts in the Quicken file if there are linked transactions between accounts.
    Do you have a recent backup file that you can restore?  If you do not know you can do a quick search from within Quicken:  File > Find Quicken Files.  Hover your cursor over the file names that come up.  What you want to find is files with the ".QDF-backup" file extension.  Those ".QDF-backup" files should also include the date and time the backup file was saved in the file name.  If you find more than one, start by restoring the one with the most recent date and time in the file name.  If that one does not have the CareCredit account in it, then restore the next most recent backup file.  Repeat until you have found a file that has CareCredit in it or until you run out of back-ups.
    As mentioned earlier, there is a known ongoing issue with Synchrony connections and CareCredit is run by Synchrony.  Here are two Alerts that were posted about this:
    • This Synchrony issue has been an on-again/off-again issue since at least this past April so it is not tied to any specific Quicken version update.
    • The Alerts reference CC-501 and CC-502 error codes but if you do a search in this forum you will see that there are also references to other CC-5XX error codes.
    • A search of this issue in Community will return results showing that this is not a universal issue with all Synchrony accounts and it can come and go.  One of my accounts (JC Penney) worked fine until this past weekend when it started not updating and returned CC-505 error code.  Then it started working again 2 days ago but others are saying they are still having problems connecting with JC Penney.
    • Until Quicken and Synchrony can get this issue fixed it will continue to be a problem and there is nothing we can do to stop it from happening.  
    Until the issue is fixed our options to manage transactions in our Synchrony account registers are limited to:
    • Keep trying to set up Online Services (like Express Web Connect) and hope that it works.
    • Download transactions via Web Connect (if it is available).  This involves logging into the online account website and manually downloading/installing the transactions in QFX (or "Quicken") format.  I looked at the FI List and did not see the Web Connect option being offered by CareCredit but it would certainly be worth checking into it so see if it is an option in your online account.
    • Manually enter your transactions.
    There is one other option available:  Check to see if CareCredit allows for transactions download in QIF, CSV or Excel format.  Download the transactions in one of these formats and save it to your hard drive.  Then download and install ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  This is a freeware program developed by a longtime Quicken user and participant in this forum.  It will convert the downloaded file into something that can be imported into Quicken.  I personally have not used it but others in this forum have said it works well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Yes, I and others have gotten the CC-601 error code with Wells Fargo today, too.
    But yours is the first I have seen of any issues with CareCredit.  Did you try updating with Update Now instead of OSU.  That will often work when OSU does not.
    If that does not work, you could try Reset Account.

• blazhart
    blazhart Member ✭✭
    thank you i will try that.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, Care Credit, if I recall correctly, is run by Synchrony.  See the posts at the top of this forum re: Synchrony.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    NotACPA said:
    And, Care Credit, if I recall correctly, is run by Synchrony.  See the posts at the top of this forum re: Synchrony.
    Good catch.  I should have checked the FI List before responding above.  It is run by Synchrony and there are lots of issues with Synchrony the last few weeks.
    But the advice to try Update Now and Reset Account still applies.  The Synchrony issues being encountered are kind of hit-and-miss and sometimes doing one of these will fix the issue.  That's what happened to me with my JC Penney credit card.  I got that error code with JCP yesterday and this morning.  Update Now did not work but Reset Account fixed it...at least for now.

• blazhart
    blazhart Member ✭✭
    I tried the update now and it didn't work. it is an account with little activity so I tried deleting and then adding and now it cant find my account?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    Good catch.  I should have checked the FI List before responding above.  It is run by Synchrony and there are lots of issues with Synchrony the last few weeks.

A few years back, I briefly had a Care Credit account ... which is why I remembered this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    blazhart said:
    I tried the update now and it didn't work. it is an account with little activity so I tried deleting and then adding and now it cant find my account?
    Did you delete or deactivate the account?  If you deleted the account it is gone and cannot be recovered in your current data file.  If this is the case, your best best to recover it is to restore a recent backup file.  If you do not have a backup file then the only way to get it back into Quicken is to do Add Account and start it over from scratch.
    Deactivating the account should not make the account disappear.  Given the Synchrony connection problems of late, deactivating the account and then reactivating it might fix the problem but it might not.  I have heard the only reliable method of getting Synchrony account transactions to download at this time is to use Web Connect (i.e., log into the online account and manually download them in QFX or "Quicken" format).  It is not ideal but it is an option if/when we cannot wait for the Synchrony connection issue resolved.

• blazhart
    blazhart Member ✭✭
    Thank you yes I deleted it and then tried the add account and that is where quicken cannot find my account even though the info is correct, im at a loss as to why that is happening What frustrates me is that it was working fine before the latest update.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Too bad that you deleted the account.  Deleting an account because of a connection problem is extreme overkill and can cause issues with other accounts in the Quicken file if there are linked transactions between accounts.
    Do you have a recent backup file that you can restore?  If you do not know you can do a quick search from within Quicken:  File > Find Quicken Files.  Hover your cursor over the file names that come up.  What you want to find is files with the ".QDF-backup" file extension.  Those ".QDF-backup" files should also include the date and time the backup file was saved in the file name.  If you find more than one, start by restoring the one with the most recent date and time in the file name.  If that one does not have the CareCredit account in it, then restore the next most recent backup file.  Repeat until you have found a file that has CareCredit in it or until you run out of back-ups.
    As mentioned earlier, there is a known ongoing issue with Synchrony connections and CareCredit is run by Synchrony.  Here are two Alerts that were posted about this:
    • This Synchrony issue has been an on-again/off-again issue since at least this past April so it is not tied to any specific Quicken version update.
    • The Alerts reference CC-501 and CC-502 error codes but if you do a search in this forum you will see that there are also references to other CC-5XX error codes.
    • A search of this issue in Community will return results showing that this is not a universal issue with all Synchrony accounts and it can come and go.  One of my accounts (JC Penney) worked fine until this past weekend when it started not updating and returned CC-505 error code.  Then it started working again 2 days ago but others are saying they are still having problems connecting with JC Penney.
    • Until Quicken and Synchrony can get this issue fixed it will continue to be a problem and there is nothing we can do to stop it from happening.  
    Until the issue is fixed our options to manage transactions in our Synchrony account registers are limited to:
    • Keep trying to set up Online Services (like Express Web Connect) and hope that it works.
    • Download transactions via Web Connect (if it is available).  This involves logging into the online account website and manually downloading/installing the transactions in QFX (or "Quicken") format.  I looked at the FI List and did not see the Web Connect option being offered by CareCredit but it would certainly be worth checking into it so see if it is an option in your online account.
    • Manually enter your transactions.
    There is one other option available:  Check to see if CareCredit allows for transactions download in QIF, CSV or Excel format.  Download the transactions in one of these formats and save it to your hard drive.  Then download and install ImportQIF from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.  This is a freeware program developed by a longtime Quicken user and participant in this forum.  It will convert the downloaded file into something that can be imported into Quicken.  I personally have not used it but others in this forum have said it works well.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    My issues with synchrony now are limited to Carecredit, Pep Boys, and Newegg. The login for these three are all the same, and all 3 accounts appear on the webpage.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• blazhart
    blazhart Member ✭✭
    I ended up going to the carecredit page and downloading to quicken. that worked it installed it and now seems to be updating fine. not sure what the issue was though.