Transaction file from Wells Fargo will not import

As I have always done, I downloaded transactions from Wells Fargo in Quicken Web Connect format, but when I try to import them, it appears that the file is being opened, but no new transaction appear in Quicken. There had been notices that Wells Fargo was going to stop supporting Quicken files effective 6/1/21, but everything I have read on this site said the notice would have no effect. So my question is, how do I get my Wells Fargo transactions into Quicken if the Web Connect files are no longer working?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hi @EGANDAN .  Which edition and version of Quicken are you using?  Also, when does your subscription expire?  You can get all this information from Help > About Quicken.
    I have a WF checking account and have not heard anything about WF stopping support of "Quicken files effective 6/1/21".  But I do not use Web Connect to download transactions into Quicken.  I use Express Web Connect for that so I do not need to manually log into my WF account to download the files. Have you considered setting up your WF account(s) in Quicken to download via Express Web Connect?  There is no cost for doing that and it is faster than using the Web Connect process.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• EGANDAN
    EGANDAN Member
    edited August 2021
    Deluxe, version R33.24, build 27.1.33.24, Windows 10 Home, expires 10/21
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WF still offers Web Connect downloads.  Maybe you are thinking of WF discontinuing Bank Mail which is a feature of Quicken in which a person with a Direct Connect account set up can send a billpay status message to the bank directly from Quicken.  WF no long offers that feature but that does not apply to Web Connect anyway.
    To confirm, I downloaded from a WF checking account and a WF credit card account using Web Connect into a test file and both functioned perfectly.  Have you tried downloading, again, recently?
    As I mentioned earlier, WF does also offer free downloads from within Quicken via Express Web Connect and that usually works pretty well. 
    Also, recently WF changed downloads from within Quicken via Direct Connect from being a fee service to being a free service.  This is a more reliable method of downloading than Express Web Connect and it is more efficient and time saving than Web Connect.
    If you have not already done so, you might want to read up on download options that Quicken offers: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank.
    Have you tried setting up WF to download via Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    In general for Web Connect/QFX file importing that gives no errors, but no transactions appear it falls into two categories.
    1. The transactions aren't in the QFX file.  You can edit the QFX file will Notepad to check if they are there.
    2. The transactions have already been imported into Quicken and so now Quicken is ignoring them.  This is based on the unique Id for each transaction.  In the QFX file it is FITID (also appears in the QFX log), and in the register you can turn on the Downloaded ID column to see it.  Note if you have deleted the transactions in the register, they will still be ignored.
    There can be other much more rare cases like some corruption in the file that causes Quicken's storage of the unique Ids to fail in some way.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/