Many of my Bills & Income entries say Awaiting Next Bill

Options
Bill is due in less than a week. Website for Biller shows the amount that I owe. What gives

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @David Mueller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please specify how many Online billers are experiencing this issue? And if you don't mind, could you also please include the names of each biller?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• David Mueller
    David Mueller Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Online billers are: Citi, PNC Bank, Chase Amazon Card Service, Puget Sound Energy, and Progressive. Citi and Progressive have QuickPay scheduled, so maybe the situation really is Awaiting. Chase, Puget Sound Energy and PNC are due in 7-10 days and if you go to their sites they have the balance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the "Last updated" time stamp (upper right hand corner of the Bills, Income & Transfers view)?
    Have you tried updating again?
    Have you tried "Review and Repair" (Settings gear icon) for your online billers?
    In case all else fails ...

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're fighting this windmill, to avoid missed payments, I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• David Mueller
    David Mueller Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have done the payments via the billers' websites several times. It's a pain to keep track of...especially for mortgage payments, which have interest that does not show when you pay like that. FIX THIS PLEASE
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @David Mueller

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to double check on our end what could be causing the issue on our biller system. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.