Searching--more advanced Boolean?

Options
DHClem
DHClem Member ✭✭✭
Hi, I wish I could Search with Boolean "AND", "NOT", and "OR" but I see no way. Suggestions?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHERE?  In Q itself, or in this forum?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DHClem
    DHClem Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah, in Quicken for Mac itself, sorry! Thanks for asking.  I don't see how...you can, of course, pick a field or all fields, but I don't see "Advanced Search" and my attempt to just USE BOOLEAN phrasing, unsurprisingly, yields nothing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Well, since I use QWin, you've just exhausted my ability to assist.
    I'm sure that a Moderator, or a QMac Superuser will be along to assist further.
    But since there's no such ability in QWin, I doubt that it exists in QMac.
    Advanced search ability in Q desktop has been requested many times.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Indeed, there is no Boolean search capability in Quicken Mac.

Quite often, you can sort-of achieve a single AND or OR with a search by one criterion and a sort on another field. For example, find all transactions in a date range AND matching text in the Search box; then sort by Category or Tag AND only look at or export or print your desired Category or Tag. And in reports, you can specify multiple criteria, which essentially gives you AND and NOT conditions. For example, transactions within a date range AND only in certain categories and NOT in certain accounts. 

If you can't find a way to get what you want with Search or a report, then you have to take the first cut, export, and finish your paring down of the results in a spreadsheet.

There is an existing Idea thread for complex searching in Quicken Mac; I suggest you click on this thread and add your vote for it, and perhaps add a comment giving an example(s) of real-world situations where you need more advanced search or report capabilities.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DHClem
    DHClem Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    THANKS to you both and I will add my vote! -Doug
This discussion has been closed.